Friday, September 21, 2007

rain

We have now completed eleven days of schools. Do you know that today there was a teacher appreciation luncheon prepared by the 6th grade parents? It was unbelievably delicious. I am literally still full from all that I chowed down on. Apparently, this is a monthly thing and it only gets better from here. I hear the 3rd grade parents give massages, another class gives mani/pedis, etc. What world have I stumbled into?? I'm still kind of in that, "How did I get here?" mode and I'm still trying to figure out where exactly I fit in but I know it will all come together soon. I'm sure once the kids start coming full day and we really get into our schedule, I won't be wondering anymore. To top off my day, I received an email from one of the board members of my old school asking if I'd reconsider the principal position at their school! I couldn't believe it. My curriculum director couldn't believe it herself (I just had to fwd her the email!). She wanted to email this board member and tell her to leave me alone. lol. Sigh..
It's fall now, isn't it?? lol. The teacher I do carpool with couldn't even remember when Fall began and I told him I was pretty sure it was coming up soon. Okay, I checked my calendar and apparently, Fall officially begins this Sunday. So then this rain we're having is a summer rain. But I have to tell you, this past week has been feeling very fall-like. This pic is right outside my apartment. I thought I could get a pic of the rain falling but I couldn't make it happen. So I just took a pic of the storm clouds. Am I sad that the summer is coming to a close? Not really. I think Fall would possibly be my #2 season after Spring. Though I do love the summer specifically because it means school is out and I shouldn't be working!
Here's some yarn I received from whiteoakstudio. It was a special order of the 'monk' colorway. It's so fitting for the upcoming season. :) I'm waiting on my latest shipment of the booty club. I think everyone else has already received theirs but me. :( I saw the latest colorway via Sarah's blog and it's very autumn.
Speaking of Sarah, she had a birthday this past Wednesday and this is the card I made and sent her. :) I think I'm getting better!

7 comments:

  1. oh man, it's been raining all week around here and i hate it!

    the yarn and card are pretty! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very summer here still, but I'm looking forward to fall. Your school sounds wonderful - how nice that they appreciate teachers there! Beautiful yarn - what are you going to make with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card!

    Good to be pampered and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card looks great!

    I think maybe I should become a teacher and work there. Sounds nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to know that the parents really appreciate the teachers...that's clear at your school. Very pretty fall colored yarn!

    happy autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card!

    I love the new background color, but the purple type is a little hard to read. The lime green might work, and it seems so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!