Tuesday, September 4, 2007

the aftermath

Well, I've got good news and bad news.
Good news
: I finished my thujas. :)There's some discrepancy between the first sock and the second sock though. I really need to learn how to knit two socks at once so I don't have this problem anymore!!
Bad news
: I tried to work on thermal. I seamed up the part of the second sleeve that hadn't been seamed up all the way yet. I tried the blasted thing on even though it was like 90 degrees inside the apt. and it still bunches up. It's going to have to wait until it starts cooling down here.

So in the meantime, I dropped by Unwind (where it was at least 15 degrees hotter than where I live!) over the weekend and picked up some yarn for my eyelet cardigan. :)
I also received all of this in the mail: Allow me to introduce you to rock lobster brought to you by sereknity.
Here's some shibui knits in Midnight.
And last but not least, some all things heather in deep raspberry. More to come shortly! :)

11 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your thermal troubles! hopefully everything will work out better when you try again later.

    the thujas look great and so does all that sock yarn! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your posts - great yarn you've got! Nice thujas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks - love the yarn! And beautiful stash enhancement....I'm trying very hard not to buy yarn and posts like this aren't helping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your thermal isn't behaving. :(

    Pretty yarn choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've been busy with the yarn buying. Very nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I saw some ShiBui in someone's stash on Ravelry and wanted it immediately based on colours alone! It's not available here and I couldn't actually find a lot of info about it so I'll be interested to hear how it knits up!

    Too bad about the Thermal. I've never knit a top 'cause I always get distracted, but people say that the bunching up has to do with too many picked up stitches...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm beginning to worry a little about your recent stashing...I fear your stash will begin to look like mine---obscenely huge! Maybe I infected you when I came to visit. It's a good thing we don't live near each other because I think we'd have a huge enabling problem...:p Of course, all of the acquisitions are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to have a great stash! Pretty yarn. Sorry about thermal. Hope you get it worked out right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful yarn! Haven't tried out that one yet. By the way, no way am I going to knit a second pair of the September Sockamania socks. I don't like Fair Isle knitting. Wanted to get it done as quickly as possible and with the thick needles it was easy to do. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty yarn! If it's 90 in your apartment - it's way too hot to knit! Hope it cools down for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. such pretty acquisitions. I thought I'd catch up. you've been busy! I've barely picked up the pointy sticks..i'm to tired after school.
    happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!