Sunday, September 30, 2007

whew

What a week! School kept me busier than I'm used to being. Hence the excuses for not blogging and for not being caught up on blogs! Aside from work though, I have been tending to a recovering fiancé. He had a bit of minor surgery Thursday evening and currently the meds are kicking his butt. I think if it weren't for the meds, he'd probably actually be feeling better. For about a week and a half he had been dealing with stuff and I finally talked him into going to get seen by someone come Thursday. If I had had my way in the first place, we probably would've gone someplace on Monday instead of Thursday!
At school, we had Back to School Night this past Wednesday which was exhausting to prepare for but I'm so glad it's over and done with now! We ended our busy week with both an all school walk-a-thon and a an all school picnic. Needless to say, I was wiped out during my drive home Friday after school!
There hasn't been much knitting going on since I've been so tired but I was able to finish sock 1 of 2 of my mad color weave socks. :) I think it's safe to say that this particular sock is my best fitting one I've made so far! :) It's so super warm too!
I think I'm going to have a lot of yarn leftover and I was thinking of a pair of socks possibly for the little bulldog. :) I'm going to hold off on the second sock (at least maybe until tomorrow). I want to start something new..either a hat or some fingerless gloves. We'll see.
Ahh, I forgot to post about my booty club kit I got last week. Here's a pic of my butternut squash:
I took two because I couldn't decide which photo the yarn looked best in! I love this colorway! Not sure what exactly I want to make with it just yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something.
I think I am officially burnt out on yarn purchases. I've got a few sock clubs but other than the sock clubs, it might be a while before I start making yarn purchases for myself again! I'm starting to run out of room for it all!!

9 comments:

  1. Hope your honey is okay! Love the socks and the yarn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts for your fiancé! Hope he is recovered and back to his old self soon. :D

    Love the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute socks! Hope the fiance is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. apparently most guys hate going to the doctor! i hope your fiance feels better soon!

    love that sock! it looks great. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sock is really nice! Where's the pattern from?

    What would boys do without girls, hey? Glad he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The socks are really nice! And the yarn - wow - gorgeous. Hope your fiance feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your sweetie feels better soon!!
    It absolutely tickles me to see how crazy about socks you're getting to be! The latest ones are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can he cut back on the meds, or is it something he has to take? Hope he feels better soon.

    I LOVE the way that sock turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the socks! Can I have some? ;-) Are they very softie??

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!