Friday, September 14, 2007

i owe you

I really do! Unfortunately, I have been lacking the energy to blog these days. Tuesday was the real killer. From this day forth, I will despise Tuesdays because that is the day we have our weekly staff meeting which runs from 3:30 to 5:30. It took me at least an hour to drive home because of all the traffic. Something you don't know about me--I don't do well in traffic. What kills me is the fact that I really don't live that far from school but the traffic makes it seem as though I live miles and miles away. The dumb drivers do it to me too. Did I mention all the construction that is happening around where I live as well? This was a good week though. I was actually 'alone' with my students for the first time ever (my partner's son started preschool at our sister school!) and it went well. My curriculum director said she heard it went really well-so that's good to know. Who she heard this from, I'll never know! I think we're all starting to get used to each other and the routine-though there are still many things to learn about said routine! My curriculum director came into my classroom this afternoon for our weekly curriculum meeting and I had totally forgotten to tell her that today we actually had a few students that were staying all day. So we sat and chatted and she just wanted to make sure I knew that if I ever had any problems of any kind (with my co-teacher, or whomever!) she would hope that I'd go to her so she could help me problem solve. She talked about how difficult it is to be a new teacher at our school. (Have I commented yet on how glad I actually am about not having been offered the 1st grade position??? Those kids are in the words of the teacher they did get unruly.)In a nutshell, my curriculum director doesn't want me burning out because she doesn't want to lose me. Coming into Kindergarten is my chance to learn the ropes and get my foot in the door at the school for future opportunities. She also hoped that our director hadn't scared me off as she apparently has a tendency to do that. I told her that she hadn't and I knew the place from which what she was doing was coming from so I was okay with everything. One thing I do wish was different was that I wish I could be around the rest of the school more so the other students could get to know me. That will come in time, I'm sure. On the knitting front, I have been working diligently on my eyelet cardi and I'm now to the first sleeve! Would you believe I have yet to take any pics of it yet?? (That's how tired I've been!!). I'm hoping to finish it soon so that I can wear it! I'd also like to cast on for the September sockamania socks. I already have my skeins of yarn earmarked and they're waiting to be wound! Oh-I have a big mouth. My curriculum director started a blog for our staff. Well actually, she started a blog and wants us to comment on what she posts. My big mouth mentioned to her that I have a knitting blog. Oh yeah-I was the first to respond to her post on the blog and apparently I will be acknowledged for it at our next staff meeting. :o There might be a treat involved as well--we'll see. I hope she forgets that I mentioned I have a blog!! The last thing I need is my coworkers reading my blog!! And do you remember what I said about my current school a few months back??? Oy vey. Here's another oy vey for today: I accidentally cancelled my booty club membership and now I have to sign up again tomorrow to ensure that I still have a spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The accidental cancellation occurred because the cc that I apparently had used for the first time around has since been compromised and I had my cc company send me a new card with a brand new acct number. Fingers crossed that I get in tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. If you are concerned about things you wrote in the past beeing seen, I'd go ahead and go edit them out. Just my 2cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about your membership, I hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go back and edit also, before she goes and goes through your archives, if she does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops on the membership and oops on the mentioning of the blog! I think a little editing may be in order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man, i can certainly sympathize with you about having unexpected people see your blog. i had a problem with that once... probably better safe than sorry if she asks for your blog address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh! Construction! All of our roads are torn up for water/sewer upgrades. I hate to think what that will do to the water/sewer bill. Plus, I have to drive lil Ar to school, it's closer to walk, but we'd have to add blocks and blocks to go around the construction, and I'm not doing that!

    Hope everything works out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!