Friday, July 11, 2008

over due

*******************Disclaimer: Extremely picture heavy post!!***********************

Well, it has been almost a month since my last post and so many things have come in the mail and many projects have been started, completed, and received! Not to mention a little visit was paid to the lil monster! Umm...I received the second installment of the woolgirl sock club.
There were so many cool things in this package!!! I particularly loved the calculator and the gauge checker (so did my niece!) Here's the yarn we received: Froggin' from Dashing Dachs.
I officially, became a loopy groupie thanks to a purchase for my downstream sp! :) I had no idea the amount of goodies you received once you received such an honor...and those sneak-up emails..wow!
This is Sweet from Chewy Spaghetti. Free Yarn!! Just for becoming a loopy groupie!!
And here's my wicked. At least this is her before I finished up the sleeves. I cut myself out because it was a sweaty day when I decided to finish her up!
I can't remember if this pic was after I tried it on or before!!
And here she is, finished and after she dried off from her bath. I haven't tried it on since I blocked her though. It's been way too warm to do that! It fit snug before blocking so I'm hoping it stretched just a tad after blocking! I'll try to get a shot of me in it (when it isn't so hot!!).
Along the way, I decided to cast on for a clapotis. Don't ask me what possessed me to ever do such a thing. Here was my first attempt...
which I wasn't too happy with so I frogged (I had done at least 4 repeats before I decided to frog!) and here's how she looked after frogging. I'm much happier with the way it's going. I haven't touched it in weeks though. I'm using Earthenware in Fearless Fibers. Very nice stuff! I just might have it done in time for fall. Whether or not I will own anything that goes with it, who knows!
And here are the meager beginnings of my nubbins washcloth.
I also started another hobnail cloth. I've obviously been on a washcloth kick. Must be the heat! Plus I can only handle simple right now. Though I'm itching to cast on for my green gable (finally!!).
I received my first package from my upstream sp!! This is the first of two. I love, love, love the malabrigo lace she picked out for me!! I can't wait to see what package #2 for this month will hold..
This long overdue post wouldn't be complete without a couple shots of the bulldog! Look how grown-up she is. She had me sit her down in front of the computer and she started typing away..and wiggling the mouse!!!
And here's when I said, 'Cheese!'
Here she is after having cleared out all the stuffed animals that sit at the foot of my bed at my parents' house, chillin.' She gets funnier every time I see her. Plus, I have reason to believe she's going to be a knitter one day! We were driving someplace and I was in the backseat with her and her mom and I whipped out my knitting. She reached for it and I gave her a ball of the artyarns for my wicked sleeves. She wanted some needles!!! I gave her a crochet hook and she started trying to weave the hook with the yarn. It was cute. She also wanted my little gauge checker and said, 'Cheese' when she saw the hole!!
Here's my June sock club kit from Robyn's Nest. The colorway is gorgeous!
It's Alexandrite from Biscotte & Cie. There were more things in the kit but I only remembered to get a shot of the yarn!
Here's some turtle lovin'! I was finally able to send off Mr. Turtle and the other baby things I knitted up for my friend and she sent me this pic of her son with the turtle I made him! :)
I have officially completed my first week of tutoring. One of my students is going away for the next two weeks. Another of my students' parents aren't too happy to hear that I plan on going away for about a week (first few days in August). It's freaking summer break. I'm
allowed what's known as a vacation, aren't I?? It's looking like I won't be able to completely give up tutoring in August. I know I'll have to see my student who is going away and the student I was tutoring during the school year will be back from his trip. Then I think school will start back up for me around the 25th of next month. I think one of my students will be going away in August. Another one is working with me and is going to a tutoring place as well so she'll be fine without me. I figured for the upset parents, I could still tutor their child but I'll scale back on the visits. As it is, their kid is burning the crap out of me!
In other news, my fiance and I are going to be house sitting in a week. I'm kind of excited about it. There's a nice tri-level yard and we're near a canyon so there will be hiking! We'll be house sitting for the rest of the summer which will be nice because the lil monster is going to come visit and she'll get to stay at the house we're staying at! :)


5 comments:

  1. wicked looks great! so does all that yummy new yarn! : )

    p.s. still blog over on wordpress... it's http://renknits.wordpress.com if you want to come see me (though i've been a terrible blogger recently).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your opinion of Woolgirl's Frog kit?

    Glad you love Alexandrite!

    I LOVE the stitch markers you're using for Clapotis :) T'hee heee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention that I love Wicked on you! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The knitting and yarn all look great! Your little niece is a doll, she looks like a kid instead of a baby now, doesn't she? How do they grow so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've got a lot going on here. Your knitting all looks wonderful. Another hobnail...very pretty :)

    You niece is quite the ham...so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!