Thursday, July 17, 2008

eureka!!!

I may have struck gold this time around with my umpteenth chevron. Yeah, I frogged the last one. Are you surprised?? You shouldn't be! You knew it was in the cards all along. I can't commit. There was this one. There were a couple more in between too. And before that this one. And there was the first one. Sigh. Each new version I try, I always say how much I like the way the pattern is coming out. I'm not even going to say it this time. So there she is. I'm adamant about using the madeline tosh yarn in my chevron and I threw in some discontinued nevermore. The colorway is still being made but the base yarn is different. Both yarns feel so nice and soft!
Aside from working on my latest chevron, I've done a bit of work on my green gable and I've found another reason why I need to learn to sew. Sigh.
In garden news, I discovered a couple more little tomatoes sprouting. I'm so excited!!!
This is off topic but did you all hear about the children's motrin lawsuit?? The verdict was just announced. Apparently J&J aren't liable. I mention it because I know some of you are mothers but also because I know the lawyer who represented the mother (at least I think he was representing the mom--he was standing next to her during the press conference!). His youngest daughter will be in my class this school year. Talk about small world.

5 comments:

  1. Those colors are lovely. They look like they will go with your Green Gable. I suppose they won't be worn together, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chevron color combo!

    Ps- the white writing on your blog is impossible to read over the turquoise background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to hand it to you...you don't give up. It's beautiful...love the color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I want to make one now (I'm on a huge scarf kick right now)! Be on the lookout for your second July package (should be there this week)!

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!