Thursday, August 13, 2009

prayers needed

If you believe in prayer, our family could use some right now. I just received a call from one of my SIL's that my MIL is in the hospital. She had a seizure this morning. Everything in our world has come to a rushing halt. Nothing else matters but her. Before our tearful goodbye, I told my SIL that I would call and request to reschedule my interview As soon as I got off the phone with my SIL, I called and requested to do my interview tomorrow via phone (thank goodness, they had put that offer on the table in the first place) and I explained the situation. More like I rattled on and on about it and I talked about how I was so looking forward to meeting with her and seeing the gorgeous campus but I knew I needed to be here. Being that it's a faith-based school, I knew she would understand. She left me by saying to just take things one step at a time and I remarked that that is how I live my life. Okay, I'm calm now (it's been about an hour or so since I began this post). When I called my FIL, my MIL was still in the ER. Not sure if she's been admitted yet as I've been on the phone with people seeking comfort! I just got off the phone with my best friend whose been there through it all. Poor guy. I spoke with my mother as well right after I rescheduled my interview. Everything was still raw so it was a tearful conversation. My poor mom. I made her cry @ work. :( I talked to my brother too because he was expecting us this weekend and I had to tell him not to expect us just yet. All right...off to find out if the hubby has heard the news yet.

9 comments:

  1. You KNOW I believe in prayer gf. And it works! You are all in my prayers. Keep us posted. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers, love and good vibes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hon, I'm so sorry! I'm thinking about you and your family, hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so very sorry to hear that... seizures are no good at all. i will definitely say a prayer for your MIL and family tonight... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that - sending you positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you Rhoda. I hope everything goes okay and she gets better soon. Do keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!