Wednesday, August 12, 2009

still here

So..remember how I thought I had an interview for tomorrow? Turns out I don't or I still could if the freakin' woman would check her vm/find her cell phone/check her email! What kind of a person calls to schedule an interview, provides a number for the return call and then doesn't get back to you?? I actually contacted the district office (who was of no help to me and made me feel as though I was speaking to dead air). I did finally get a hold of the someone who could possibly help me and she did what she could but it's out of our hands now. For a while there, I was doubting that the woman who left me the vm even worked for this particular school district! But as they say when one door closes, another opens and I have a confirmed interview for Friday morning. And who knows..maybe between tomorrow and Friday I'll line up another interview. I can only hope! I finally started packing stuff up again. I hadn't realized how many boxes we're going to need. I was talking to my MIL last night and she was advising me on what to put in which boxes. Soon, this apt. is going to be box city. Usually, I don't label my boxes but this time, since there are so, so many, I think I need to! I attempted to work on the collar band/button band for my something blue but I didn't like the way I was going about picking up the stitches so I frogged what I had done and will resume tonight (maybe!). While my days are filled with job searching and some knitting here and there, I also manage to stumble upon some cool links. So here's a recipe for shrimp scampi with zucchini and tomatoes, and one for lasagna rolls (never even heard of them before until now!). For the fun moms/teachers out there, I found this. I wanna try this one myself! For the crafty knitters that can sew too, there was this caddy. And for the knitter, there was this really cute skirt! I hope all the fun links will make up for the lack of pictures in this post!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the job hunt! What part of the Bay Area are you going to be moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your interview Friday!

    That zucchini recipe sounds delicious!

    It's probably better to label stuff - easier to find..! No?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there hon! Something will come about!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to your frustrations...Best of luck tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!