Monday, August 24, 2009

the whirlwind becomes a tornado

It feels like forever since I last posted and it's only been about 5 or 6 days! I'm still disappointed that I didn't land a job for the upcoming school year--one that I wanted and would've been happy to take but that's the way the cookie crumbles and I'm hoping there's something better in store for me. Patience is a virtue which I completely get. I just hope my something great comes soon. We will be moving our entire two bedroom apt. into my parents' house this weekend. Then we will be coming back to get the other car and we'll be at my sister's through labor day while she's away on a trip. After that, who knows. What I do know is once the dust has sort of settled (I think we're going to wait at least that long) we will start looking for our own place to live and some jobs! I know, a double move--my husband is not looking forward to that but we don't have time to find a place to live this week, finish packing up the apt. and be ready to move come this weekend. I don't want that stress. My MIL is still in the hospital and they're going to keep her there until they feel she is ready to be home. I got to see some more pictures from the wedding last night. They keep coming out of the woodwork. Sorry, I got distracted..I pack and then I come back to blog. I've created designated corners in the living room. One corner is where all the heavy stuff is. Another corner is the lighter stuff and another section of the living room/kitchen area is stuff that needs to go in my car. We're in need of more boxes and I still have to stop service on our phone and our gas. So many things to do..and I still have to do a change of address! I am in the midst of blocking my sister's something blue. I put it in the dryer for a bit yesterday because I didn't want it to have that wet/dry smell. I might have to toss it in for a wee bit longer. I hope it fits her well after the blocking! I also let her know that once it's completely finished, I will need to take pictures of her wearing it for posterity. :) Oh! I finished my vintage rose socks! I realized while I was working on the second sock that I forgot to do the charts top down intstead of bottom up since I did the socks toe-up. Oh well. They're done and they're blocking. I'm going to give pinkie a steam block later this evening so tomorrow I oughta have some actual pictures of knitting content. I'm chugging along on my ribbed lace bolero..it's slow goings but I'm about halfway through with it. I'm contemplating picking back up my sesame but I may need to rip back a few stitches if not just completely redo what I've got so far. We'll see though..it all depends on my mood!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, boy you having to move twice doesn't sound good at all, but maybe by the time you find jobs you'll be able to find a new place close by so you won't have a big commute...that would be nice :) GOOD LUCK :)

    All of your knitted items look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot going on - good luck with the move, and hope you have a chance to relax a little too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you don't live near a military base. You can always find boxes for recycling out at someone's curb on trash day!!

    I don't know how you find time to knit with all you have to do - do you sleep? ha ha

    I understand the patience is a virtue. I STILL don't have a student teaching placement! But I'm patiently waiting til I do. Not much I can do to hurry it a long...

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much on your plate right now....take care. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving twice sounds like quite the job, but at least you don't have to pay rent on two places, that would suck.

    Did something blue end up fitting your sister correctly? :O) Hope so!

    Since you didn't get a job for the school year, maybe something better will come along instead. Fate works in weird ways sometimes. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!