Friday, July 14, 2006

the beginnings of my scribble-scrabble scarf

I saw the scarf in a lion brand yarn newsletter and thought this would be a great gift for my one skein secret pal! I ordered the yarn (got the thick and quick in the wrong color mind you, I blame the computer!) and once everything I needed arrived I started work on it. I bought enough to make two scarves. I figured I'd make one for my secret pal and the other for myself. As I thought about it, I figured it would be cheating a bit because we're supposed to only use one skein of yarn for our gifts for our secret pals. SO, I decided that I would give the first one to my mother as part of her birthday gift. :) Now I haven't worked with bulky yarn in a long time it seemed so it was strange using size 15 needles again. I had been working with 2's! Now the pattern was incorrect-@ least for me, being the left-handed knitter that I am, it wasn't working. I kept comparing my work with the picture and it wasn't a match. I think I ended up doing the opposite of what it said to do and things finally started flowing. I've been learning more and more about how difficult it is to be a left-handed knitter in a right-hand world.

2 comments:

  1. I made this scarf and had no problem, it turned out just like the photo on the web site. I'm sorry you had trouble, it shouldn't matter if you are left-handed. The scarf did take on a better appearance after it was finished and I pulled it so that the stitched lined up, maybe work so more and give it a good yank to make it behave!
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you'll be back again to check if I've seen your comment but it did end up working out in the end. I wonder why I had trouble with it...and you didn't!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!