Friday, July 14, 2006

dpn's

This hat has a bit of a story behind it. I began it around when I first started knitting. Circulars didn't scare me that much! As I was being told the pattern for this hat (the first time around), I freaked out a bit when I heard that I was going to need to use dpn's to finish it. I got as far as I could with the circulars and I tried to finish the hat, sans dpn's. My mom tried to finish it for me (she crochets) and I was unhappy with the results so I just left the hat unfinished for a very long time. I eventually ended up frogging it because I was tired of looking @ the ufo in my closet! :( I picked it back up again this past winter and I was able to finish it! I was no longer afraid of dpn's and to prove that, I made two other hats. :) This hat I made for my fiance. I hadn't learned how to cable yet so for me it was kind of hard trying to make the hat more manly! This was the last hat I made during my winter break and this one is mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!