Friday, July 14, 2006

my first pair of socks!

One day I just decided that I wanted to make a pair of socks. How hard could it be? Ugh..I had no idea what I was getting myself into! I'm a bit more knowledgeable about knitting socks now-like to not use 100% acrylic yarn again because they're so hot and they're not very comfortable. Plus the yarn I used obviously didn't stripe the same way for both socks! I had the absolute worst time trying to turn the heel. The stitches didn't add up on the pattern I was using and I was getting so frustrated! I abandoned the part of my pattern that told me how to turn a heel and went to Socks101. Talk about a godsend. From there, I learned how to turn a heel the correct way. Finishing the sock was a whole 'nother story too. I can't tell you how difficult it is to follow a sock pattern and be a left-handed knitter. I figured out how to redo the toe shaping so it worked for me but now I have to figure out how to make the gussets part work for me. Sigh..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!