Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Simpsons Anyone?

Now, I don't know if any of you out there are fans--I'm not but my fiancé is a bit of one and when I found out that one our very own 7-11's was going to be a Kwik-E Mart, I had to take him there. :) First off, there was a line to get inside and there was a security guard at the door! Apu was there but I think his shift ended while we were in line. We showed up probably at about 6:15 or so. The line wasn't bad at all-but inside, it was crowded and the floor was sticky!! Here's what I saw when we first walked in..I don't remember this character's name..sorry! and to our right were people asking if anyone wanted some Buzz Cola. Each person was only allowed two six packs! We haven't had any yet but when someone does, I'll let you all know what it tastes like (if you're interested!).To everyone's dismay, they weren't carrying Duff's Beer. But they did have some Krusty O's. There was a squishee machine. If you look closely, you can see that the straw has Apu on it. Apparently it's a magnet (which I found out while taking this pic for you all!). We didn't actually get any squishees because the machine was making some still and we had heard the only flavor left was 'blue vanilla'. They had other squishee cups but my fiance picked out this one for me he said! Oh, on the back is Marge. (I think--I don't remember!). Here's what it looked like from the outside, after we finally got out of there. Oh, they ran out of the pink doughnuts in the morning apparently so I couldn't get any pics of those. I think I did a decent job pics-wise though since the ones taken while at the store were with my phone! When we got home, we told my sister about it-showed her the pics and then late last night we decided to take her. My fiance and I couldn't believe there was a line when we went earlier, right? At 11:45pm, the line was already onto the sidewalk and starting to turn into an S curve! (You can kinda see the people in line. They're all to the left of the door, along the entryway, and already onto the sidewalk. We did a drive through though and I took these night shots with my real camera! This one I got to take while standing in the moon roof! lol. Marge and Nelson are attached to the right side of the building. Maggie (which my sister pointed out!) was inside up on the wall in the back corner. We didn't notice this when we were in there. It's kinda hard to notice the stuff that's up high when you're looking all around to see what's within the shelves and stuff.
Hmph...I emailed all the pics I took via my cell phone to myself but I didn't receive one of them--one that I wanted to post! Okay, I just resent it to myself and here it is!
Now, the pièce de résistance. :) Homer, feeding my fiancé a hot dog. lol.

P.S. Buzz Cola kind of tastes like Pepsi..though I might be mistaken.

5 comments:

  1. How funny! Ralphie is the first character's name. Our convenience stores never do anything this exciting, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hysterical, Where in Cali is this?? A guy named Apu really works there??

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of my boys(all 4) are Simpson fans..they would have got a kick out of going there too...how fun :)

    happy 4th of July :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe, I'm going to have to show this to Malcolm later! He loves the Simpsons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! We love the Simpsons and have watched them for years. I want to go to a Kwik-e-mart!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!