Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday ramblings

Guess what came in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first installment of the yarn pirate's booty club arrived today. I've already written up a post about my package but will wait until it isn't a secret anymore to post it. I'm hoping that will be very soon! In the meantime, I've got some new completed projects posted on my other blog. You'll find a finished swell and a finished lace shrug. :) I've been having thermal guilt and was going to work on it last night but didn't. Maybe this weekend. I want to @ least pick up the selvedge stitches along the neck to finish the body of the top. My next project is going to be a fake isle hat for my fiancé. I already wound my yarn into a cake and was all set to start it the other night but waited. I think that's what I'll work on tonight. I also want to cast on for a pair of socks for him as well. I need to double-check his feet measurements before I start.
Ohhhh, and I just found out one of my very good friends is expecting!!!!!!!!!! Since I couldn't really spoil the little munchkin with handknit goodness, this lil' one is definitely going to be spoiled. I told her I'm hoping she has a girl so I can make that flower petal bib in One Skein!!!!
Work is going all right. Though today, for the first time, I was actually tired. I arrived tired..serves me right since I was up late working on the finishing touches on my shrug! I actually got paid a couple of compliments today which is unusual. It's so weird that I've just grown accustomed to not receiving compliments so when I do, ohh, I'm quite gracious and a bit embarrassed by the kind words! My supervisor commented on how I'm noticing my students' strengths and weaknesses really quickly now and that I am doing a great job. Lately, she has always made sure to end our meetings with something positive she's noticed about my work. :) My boss came in to observe me today with my middle school student. I don't like being observed. I felt particularly nervous today though because I've never been observed by her and she was watching me do the main part of our program!! I was a bit nervous and she stepped in a couple of times (to point certain things out). I didn't have a problem with her stepping in. I don't ever have a problem with anyone stepping in, honestly. In her notes, she pointed out the good things she saw and let me know what my next steps should be with this student. The whole reason behind her doing impromptu observations is because teachers aren't feeling supported--@ least the newbies aren't. I can't believe there are just three more weeks and then I'm supposed to start training for my new job!!!!!!
Ooh, and before I forget, Robyn, received her signed Monkey pattern. :) Here's the pic she posted on her blog. :)

3 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I can imagine working with kids must be tiring.... Hehe, at least you get paid, my kids have been tiring me out too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make the petal bib for a boy too! It's not really feminine. Just don't make it in pink!

    And it's nice to get completed on doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!