Monday, December 21, 2009

from feather and fan is NOT my friend to feeling inspired

As my title states, the feather and fan stitch pattern, worked over 265+ stitches (might I add) is not my friend..if anything it's currently my worst enemy. I have needed to rip back at least three or four times (and I'm in the midst of the second repeat of this blasted thing with eight more to go!!). Must I really suffer like this? Really?? It isn't helping that I keep looking at my ball of yarn thinking that I really could have increased the garter stitch border up to 300+ stitches to make it a bit longer but as it was, 265 stitches of garter stitch was killing me. I finally forced myself to go to sleep and amidst stressing over what in the world I was going to get my sister-in-law for Christmas, I finally felt inspired to draft a brand new cover letter suitable for jobs outside of teaching. I have been putting it off for so long because it took me forever to get to the current teaching cover letter that I have. I know, cover letters are supposed to be works in progress and they change and adapt as we change and adapt. Well, I hadn't expected to have to adapt to a world outside of teaching so it's been a teeny bit of a shock. Now if only I get all the knitting and shopping out of the way, I'll be able to focus on writing this letter!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a painful pattern - hope you get through it!

    Good luck with the cover letter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like feather & fan, lol...

    Hope you get better at that pattern if you need to ever use it again!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!