Tuesday, December 15, 2009

hopeful

The internet is an amazing place. Not only have I reconnected with an old friend from high school but i've been up to my eyeballs in fantastic recipes, crafts, etc. I don't know how to pick and choose from all that I've seen today but there were these: refashioned gift tags, knit-free mittens, these fantastic ornaments (which I can't wait to try out with my niece!), and this sangria (which upon finding prompted me to call up my sister and ask her if we should have some this Christmas!). After a mostly crappy yesterday, my husband came home late last night with some good news. He had been given an unexpected check with a very surprising amount! This said check cemented for me the fact that it was a good idea to move when we did (a decision I still go back and forth about in my head) and all the things I ever wanted for my husband are now happening.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout-out for my gift tags over at French Picnic, and for your comment on Permission to Unwind. I agree, the internet is truly amazing. It makes all things possible, it seems. I think we are very fortunate to have this form of communication, as it makes staying in touch so much easier. Not only that, but I've also met many wonderful people in cyberspace that I would never have met otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Picnic loves the crafty geniuses of the world, and we thank you for sharing your latest faves! (Thanks for including us in your list, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I love those mittens! I'm glad for your good news, it always comes right when you absolutely need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are getting some good news...fantastic and couldn't come at a better time!:) big hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love reconnecting with people too! The poor kids nowadays won't know that excitement, they'll probably always be able to keep in contact if they want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've had some good luck! We were lucky this year and received an anonymous donation of cash for our Christmas fund. Very appreciated! Living on child support doesn't offer a lot of leeway for buying Christmas gifts. I love generous people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the internet too!

    I could spend hours online!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!