Tuesday, December 29, 2009

my world has stopped spinning (temporarily)

Please pardon the long absence. My husband went into the ER yesterday and was finally admitted to the hospital late last night. He hadn't been feeling very well for most of last week and then he just worsened over the weekend. He's still at the hospital and will be there indefinitely. I spent most of today there with him and got a lot of knitting done! Though I am quite tired..and of all days to find the monkey at the house, my dumb brother had to pick today!! I just spent the last hour or so scrounging for all the necessary paperwork in order for my husband to be considered for a certain program at the hospital. Goodness. Of all times for this to occur--when I'm not working and no longer have insurance. Ugh. The good that came out of this is we at least have an idea of what was causing him to be so sick for so long and they are taking the necessary steps to get him back on track. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for him. And it's going to be an early one. It's also his birthday. Can you imagine having to spend your birthday in the hospital? His friend said at least he's able to have another birthday which is very true. Christmas was good. It was nice having my sister around too. For a few days I was able to forget that I was still unemployed (and pathetic!). I received my first sewing machine! It's a mini-one but still a sewing machine. I'll try to get a picture of it once all the madness has settled--or has settled a teeny bit. Can I tell you that that was all I wanted?? (*I had intended to post on my blog about how all I wanted for Christmas was a sewing machine but never got around to it but apparently, someone did hear me.) I was a bit worried and thought maybe I was getting a wii fit for Christmas since I didn't see a box the size of a sewing machine anywhere but whew! I was very wrong.:) My parents gave me money so I was able to get a cute knitting bag, a subscription to Interweave Knits since I had to discontinue mine, a picture frame with a pic of myself and my hubby at the wedding from my sister, a portable dvd player, oh and some sundara yarn! :) Photos to come in future posts! I also was able to finish a cowl last night while we were in the ER and late last night I cast on for maximus. I'm nearly finished with it after all the knitting from today! So pictures will be up shortly..possibly after the new year (unfortunately but we'll see..). If I don't make it back here before the new year, I hope everyone has a grand one!

11 comments:

  1. Oh honey I am so sorry! I hope he will be ok. Will be keeping you both in my prayers. And I just realized I never sent your Christmas card. I had planned to but realized I didn't know your married last name and wanted to find out before I mailed it, and never emailed you. I'm sorry. :P Keep us all posted on how dh is doing. (((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope everything works out ok with your hubby. As my mom always said sometimes when it rains it pours. I will be sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, how horrible! I hope he gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they get to the bottom of whatever this is so he can get out of there ASAP.

    Thinking of you both...{{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell your hubby happy birthday and that we'll be praying for him to get better! Its been such a tough year...Love and hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband - I hope they figure out what's wrong and he gets better quickly.

    I hope you have a very happy new year and that things look up in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your husband, and a much more peaceful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope the healing process is on its way and that he's back in good health soon. I can imagine how scary that is, especially without insurance! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the husband is doing better and on the way to a speedy recovery.

    Happy new year!

    Eileen
    AKA RunningKnitter

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your hubby, but glad he's in a place where he'll get help to get better and be back to normal real soon. I swear you think everything is fine and boom something else to trip you up.

    Hope 2010 will be a much better (much better things to come....I'm sure)year for you and happy knitting :) (aren't you glad you have it to help pass the time at the hospital?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I hope Joey is okay! What exactly will they do to help him get better? What exactly was he diagnosed with? I hope he's okay and recovering well now, and wish him a happy birthday too! He's in my thoughts.

    I can't wait to see your Maximus.

    Happy New Year hun!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!