Thursday, December 3, 2009

life goes on

I've been meaning to post but end up not posting because I haven't any pictures to show off and I know that pictures make posts much more interesting! I also stumbled upon two cute links that I wanted to share! For those that celebrate Chanukah and have children, there was this link. When I taught preschool and Kindergarten, we made sure to expose the children to all the various festivals of light that are celebrated. The other link will show you how to make this: I've been thinking about things to do with my niece when she's here --but she's usually here in the evenings and the lighting in my parents' house is the worst. Plus some of the things I'd want to do with her (like crafty things!) are best done during the daytime. The monkey was over here Monday and Tuesday night. She's still having moments of cuteness. Her looks are maturing and she's not so baby. Though potty training aint her thing--particularly here at grandma's house! If you're not a fan of kid bathroom talk, you might want to skip to the next paragraph! She was hanging out with me Monday night and then we had the following exchange: Monkey: What's that sound coming from my butt? Me: I don't hear any sound. Monkey: Uh-huh. There's a sound. *Moments later, she came over to me and I could smell her. This was also the same evening when she was sitting in the couch with me and I was unfolding a blanket for us and she said, "I want to marry you." Too cute!! On Tuesday, as I was on the computer, she decided to "go to sleep" with "my friends" and here she is. Anyway, yesterday was a bit of an eventful day. Have I mentioned yet that the neighbors that live directly behind us have dogs? And one day one of the freakin' dogs jumped over the fence?? He did it twice apparently. Well yesterday, another dog had come over but this one dug his way into our backyard!!! We (husband and I) wanted to call animal control. My dad wanted to give the neighbors another 'warning.' Screw the warnings. They've been given two already for the two times the first dog jumped over the fence! Instead, my dad opted to call the owner of the house (who is renting the house out two different families apparently) and supposedly HE is going to take care of it. When my mom got home from work, I told her what happened and she said the next time a dog comes over to call animal control! So then I went into how my dad didn't want to call them blah blah blah and she couldn't believe it! We'll see what happens. We now have the number to animal control and we know the exact address of the house behind us..
There's been some secret knitting on my part. :) It's been nice to knit again but now everything else I was getting into (reading, writing letters again..etc!) has fallen a bit by the wayside. I haven't much progress to show off but I can tell you that I'm working on one of these and one of these.
Still looking for work. I have an interview next Wednesday for a part-time position and I just applied earlier today for a position so we'll see what turns up.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about you but I am getting really tired of the job search. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is sooooo cute your niece!

    Thank you for the Chanukah link - I LOVE IT!

    I think I will have to make some with my boys!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!