Sunday, February 21, 2010

busy knitter

I guess all it took was the lenten season for me to get my butt in gear with those current works in progress! I finished the second habitat hat on Friday!
It was a reminder of why I don't enjoy knitting patterns a second time. It wasn't as fun the second time around. It was actually a bit of a drag. Once I got through the tricky cable sections though, it was smooth sailing.
The pictures are unblocked. It's just about completely blocked and will eventually be on its way to Portland, Oregon.
I had been busily working on my crack sock but gave myself an involuntary break yesterday on account of my SIL needing to chat with me and I needed to find the screws to put my bed frame together (more on that later!).
I've gotten to the heel. I was determined to at least get to that part on Friday and I did! I think once I finish the crack sock I might dust off my mom's shawl and work on it. I know secretly she's wondering why I haven't finished it yet. Little does she know that it's been a pain in a half because it's fingering weight!! It's going to take forever and that's why I set it aside. Plus my wrist was getting too overworked from it. I've got the next 35 days to attempt to finish it. I still have gust and there's that scarf I started for my husband too. I have to tell you, I don't like the pattern. I was hoping it'd grow on me but it really hasn't. Maybe once I knock out a couple more projects, I'll have to finish it and there won't be any excuses!
There is still major drama going on with my brother and his family. We don't get to see the monkey as much as we had been because of it. Hence the lack of pictures. The time that we do get to see her, isn't to ourselves either and because of that, she's different. She's not the monkey that we know. The monkey we know is goofy and in my eyes comfortable in her 3 year old skin. The monkey we're forced to see is doubtful, whiney, and needy. Sigh..
I haven't been blogging as much this week because the hubby and I have been busy trying to work on our insurance situation. I think it is safe to say that we just might be okay and won't be living in anymore debt than we already have!
I have been reading Eat, Pray, Love and I really like it. The hubby admitted to reading a bit of it over my shoulder a couple of times and he likes it too. I told him I'll have to purchase him a copy of our own because he doesn't read as fast as I do! I'm just a few pages shy of completing Book 1. 
Did I tell you that we ended up watching Time Traveler's Wife after all? I absolutely loved the movie! Did you know that Brad Pitt was actually one of the executive producers? I've only read about the first 20 or so pages and I can say that the movie actually begins the way the book does. I can't wait to read it now but I know it's got a long wait!
Some exciting knitter news..this Thursday Stitches West begins and the hubby and I will be going to the marketplace for the first time ever! We're excited. I just purchased tickets for us to go on two days. We're gonna go on Friday and Sunday. I read somewhere that Sunday is the best day to go for all the deals. I didn't want to wait until the last day to go though so that is why we're going twice. I hope we're not disappointed! Oh my word. I started clicking around the Stitches site and there's a schematic (and a list) of all the booths. It is going to be a dangerous place. Let's see how bad (or good..depends on how you see things!) I do with purchases. I don't plan on really buying anything but you never know what I might find. There isn't anything that I can think of (yarn-wise) that I would need. I can think of a lot of accessories and knick-knacky stuff though. Maybe patterns but we'll see. There will be a couple of button booths and the hubby is obsessed with buttons. The great thing is that parking is FREE!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your cable hat is wonderful :) I know exactly what you mean when you say the 2nd time around is not so much fun. Better to wait a while before returning to the same pattern ;)

    Lucky you getting to go to Stitches West. Sounds like fun and your hubby is so good to go with you. I doubt if I could ever get mine to go with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful hat! I am really enjoying the green that is popping up all over blogland. It's like we all feel Spring coming. :)

    I am going to check out the time travlers wife now... I haven't seen it yet.

    Blessings,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hat is gorgeous!! I would ask you to make me one but I know you don't want to do it again. hee hee. What is a crack sock? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!