Thursday, February 18, 2010

lenten season

Well, as all you good Christians know, Ash Wednesday was yesterday (I learned that Joe Biden is a practicing Catholic!) and so began the Lenten season. My sister has decided to give up tv watching. I laughed. This girl doesn't just watch tv on her tv but she also watches it on dvd and on her computer screen. I told her hat if she is going to give up tv watching, then that basically means she is giving all watching of anything on a screen. She freaked. I'm sure she's going to just stick with cutting down on the tv watching for the next 40 days. We'll see how she does. This year, I'm actually partaking in giving something up. It's been a while since I've done this but I felt compelled this year.
So over the course of the next 39 days (since I didn't post yesterday!) I plan to complete as many of my current works in progress before starting anything new. I'm sort of getting sick of looking at said current works in my basket-namely gust and habitat!
Though after the deluge of finished projects over the last few weeks, I couldn't help but feel burnt out from all that knitting. Yesterday was a bad day that I don't want to relive. But guess what helped make me forget the badness? Knitting. Before I went to bed, I was knitting. On our way to our destination this morning, I was knitting. Must. finish. old projects! I've gotta focus on something, right?
I also started a journal last night. I plan to keep up with that for the next 40 days and then some.

5 comments:

  1. Being a practicing Episcopalian, living with a Pagan daughter, giving up things is difficult, but sweets are off the list for now, but we're suppose to try wedding cake samples over the next month or so, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with finishing your projects! I want to do that too. By the way, I'm stopping by from PEAR oh and how do you get those neat work in progress percentage things on your sidebar? Someone else that those and I'd love to do that on my blog too.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm determined to finish my blanket and I decided not to start anything new until I do. I'm getting pretty sick of it...so I understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!

    I don't think I'd be able to give up tv (or movies) either!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!