Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend


Well, I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend! I baked some cookies Friday night in honor of Valentine's Day.
There is still quite a few. They haven't been all been eaten up just yet!
My sister arrived Friday night and just left a lil while ago. It's always a busy time when she's here and I'm usually away from the computer when she's in town but storing everything I want to talk about here (in my head).
The hubby and I went to see Valentine's Day yesterday. It was really cute.  Last night, we went with my mom and my sister to see The Blind Side (finally!) and that was really good as well. How I miss going to the movies!
We got to see the monkey for a bit. She has been lil sick and I was worried that she'd get sicker while we had her in our care so I suggested we take her back to her mom's house. I didn't want to be responsible for her having got a fever while we were out and about. Plus, my sister didn't enjoy having to chase the kid all around Target as she (the monkey) went in search of me!
Today I watched Sunshine Cleaning which my sister had brought for us to watch. My mom had watched it already and said it was depressing but I didn't think so. I thought it was pretty good. I received Time Traveler's Wife for Valentine's Day and I so want to watch it but I haven't finished reading the book yet! I keep thinking that maybe if I watched the movie, it would make me want to read the book more. We'll see who wins.
While my sister was here, I was able to get better shots of blood, sweat, and tears

and my leafy greens.
I finished my brennan cowl too (just in time) but have yet to get a modeled shot of it. Soon though! :)

8 comments:

  1. I really liked Sunshine Cleaning, too. I like quirky movies, though. Haven't seen Valentine's Day yet, but my hubby has been wanting to take me.

    Your cookies are pretty, and I love the shawls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shawls!

    Those cookies are too pretty to eat!:)

    Those are all the movies I want to see too!:)

    On a side note: my hubby has been a diabetic since the age of 9 :( We're always poking Jimmy since the day he was born!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I read The Time Traveler's Wife a while ago, I can't wait to see the movie!! Maybe I'll read it again until I get the movie, let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to see Valentine's Day. I enjoyed Sunshine Cleaning and really liked The Blind Side.

    Great pictures of the shawls, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your shawls are gorgeous and those heart cookies are divine :) Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shawls - so gorgeous! My girls saw Valentine's Day and we all saw Blind Side - loved it. I miss going to the movies with my husband. Your cookies look so nice.

    Fellow PEAR stopping by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cookies look so good - I can't believ you still have some!

    Sounds like a very nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the shawls... i gave up baked snacks for lent... it's killing me... but I need to relose some of that weight. As soon as the olympics are over and I go to bed earlier it's up in the morning to work out again!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!