Tuesday, February 23, 2010

For Robyn

Well, I finally got it to work! Granted it took me having to be at Starbucks to do it (and on high speed internet no less), but here I am blogging from windows live writer. :) It was definitely the dial-up keeping live writer from working at home.  I’m so bummed I don’t have any pics to post with me. Oh well. Maybe next time. I do have another finish to boast about though. I finished my pair of crack socks (finally) and actually went to bed with them on.
They are fabulous! When we get home I’m going to block them and maybe I’ll be able to get a decent shot of them. I brought my mom’s shawl to work on and it’s going to be painful. Just working on two rows made my wrist hurt. It’s going to take forever. I was hoping I’d be okay and my wrist wouldn’t feel a thing but I was mistaken. I was knitting slowly too. Sigh…might have to work on either the cable scarf or gust for now. Later I’m going to go through my queue on ravelry to see what patterns I might want to work on this year so I can keep an eye out for the right yarn while I’m at Stitches later this week!
It’s raining here. After a nice, beautiful day yesterday, the rain has returned. It has also been chilly the last few nights so this storm is coming from the north. This is off topic but have you seen the Tazo tea bags lately?? I still have really old tea bags at home compared to the one I received today.
It’s beautiful. I’m going to save it just so I can take a picture of it to share with all of you. I tried to google an image of them but couldn’t find one worthy enough.
Today I have learned that I am definitely a Mac person (at least when it comes to laptops). We had to get the hubby a new laptop for work purposes (our Mac wasn't opening certain windows-based documents) so I'm here trying it out and I have to say, I miss Sylvia (our MacBook). First of all, she's lighter. The keyboard isn't so big..and the touchpad is easier for me to use. Creature of habit, you say? I'm not ashamed. It'll just take some getting used to but this is something I don't want to get used to!

3 comments:

  1. I've never had lose tea before.. always in a bag. That's interesting. I've seen it before, but never "made it" myself.

    I am so glad you got the windows live writer to work! YEY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are beautiful. I love the bright green...so springy :)

    Do you have a wrist brace?...that might help. I know when I had my tendinitis it really helped me to keep on knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous socks - I love the color - so springish!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!