Monday, February 8, 2010

Sunday Breakfast

Yesterday, my husband (with the one bandaged finger on his right hand, and the bandaged left hand) decided to make me breakfast.
Notice anything peculiar? Like the blue tinged bread?? He's still sort of getting used to where things are in my parents' kitchen. He thought he was grabbing vanilla but it ended up being blue food coloring. So instead of green eggs and ham he said he made me eggs and blue french toast.  He ended up eating most of it. I couldn't do it. I thought my teeth were going to turn blue. I had a teeny bit of them though. So here they are for posterity!
Today, I did a bad thing. I wound chocolate cherries. She is so stunning.
Of course I ended up casting on for brennan like I was trying to keep myself from doing by not winding the yarn! Oh well. Can I tell you that I love Claudia's Handpainted Yarn? I wasn't aware of it's loveliness. It is SO soft! Maybe I'll get it done in time for Valentine's Day and it'll be my gift to my hubby. :) Pictures tomorrow. I had bad timing. I couldn't stop knitting! Plus I was watching this bad movie on Lifetime Movie Network. haha.
Ohh, have you seen this yet? Sooooo freakin' cool! :) Had to share. I want one for myself!

7 comments:

  1. you are so funny with your yarn... I'm kind of like that with fabric, "Let me just see how these colors will look, then I'll fold it an put it away" and next thing you know I'm cutting and piecing!
    So if it is hand painted, can it be washed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That is sooo funny! At least it was still edible. LOVE that yarn.. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love stories like those. When my parents were first married my dad decided to make my mom french toast as a surprise. Well he surprised her all right he forgot the milk, set the bread on fire and set off the smoke alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brennan is a cowl, right? Or neckwarmer with buttons?

    Anyhow, it's weird, I looked it up and it's like a free pattern but the entire booklet costs? I thought that was odd.

    I can't wait to see it in Chocolate Cherries. One skein is enough? I love Claudia Handpainted!

    Interesting about the toast your hubby made! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... that is darling! What a sweet guy you have.

    Lovely handpaint, too. Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first looked at your hubby's breakfast I thought it was mold. Got to give him credit for trying :) Bet it tasted good even though it didn't look so good. It will be a great story to tell your grandchildren about...ha ha! Love your choc/cherry handpainted...looks good enough to eat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. funny story. thought the bread was moldy until I read....

    LOVE the new look.. .you need to give me some lessons... I need a change!

    are you doing ravelympics?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!