Thursday, July 29, 2010

busy week

The week began with the hubs having super minor surgery scheduled for Monday early evening (our true wedding anniversary in our eyes!). That went all right other than the fact that he was so zonked from the anesthesia. It didn't help that he wasn't allowed to eat a crumb for the whole entire day either and after the surgery, he just slept. Poor thing.
Yesterday, we had our hearing to discuss possibly lowering our exorbitantly high share of cost for Medi-Cal but I don't think they will. They offered up solutions on how to get a $0 share of cost for the future but they can't do anything about the past months-which are the ones I'm most concerned about. Thank goodness I will be starting my job next month and our insurance will (hopefully) kick in so we won't have to deal with that garbage for the future.
Today has been a relaxing day. I've caught up on blogs (finally!!) and I'm slowly catching up on email. I really do hate being behind on that stuff.
I've been reading a lot over the past couple of days. I picked up The Actor & The Housewife by Shannon Hale at the library a couple weeks ago and had started it the day I got it but put it down and got distracted with finishing knitting up aeolian! Well, I have been reading like mad over the last couple of days and I managed to finish it the other day. I really liked it. Though there were some things I didn't expect to happen so there were some surprises. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the banter between Becky (the housewife) and Felix (actor). I can already see this one being turned into a movie and I nominate Isla Fisher to play the role of Becky. lol. Not sure who should be Felix--maybe Rupert Everett?
Late last night I started unchartered terriTORI and am about halfway through. I really need to read her first book because again she referenced how all the 90210'ers hate her! If only my local library would either purchase a new copy or find the one that is missing! I think after having read Mommywood, this book isn't as difficult to get into as Mommywood was when I first began to read it. For some reason, this third installment reads differently to me. For those of you that don't know, I am admittedly an avid watcher of Tori & Dean and have been watching since they were "Inn Love." I just like them. lol. I can't explain why! I just might be able to finish the book today/tonight and then I might get back to Family Album by Penelope Lively but I'm still on the fence about that book. I've read about 60 pages and have yet to decide if I like the book or not.
The hubs and I are going on a short jaunt down to LA over the weekend so I hope to get some reading and some knitting done while on the road. It will probably be the last time we go visit my sister in LA since she will be leaving for Chicago in a matter of weeks! We have two stops that I hope we make. One being here and the other being here.
Now for some knitting progress pics.
 My stockinette stitch aeolian
I love this close up shot of the border.
Hubby's breaker, breaker socks. The above picture is truest in color.
Here's a close-up of the stitch pattern. 
Sunny yellow progress on my alhambra. I was too lazy to pin it out for all to see the pattern. It's going to be a while before I finish this one. The knitting is slow but I love the color!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the Mr is doing well.

    I love how the alhambra is coming along and I love being able to see progress on it.

    Maybe you will get my letter in time for your trip. (It came back with not enough postage and I re-mailed it two days ago)

    I hope you guys have a good trip, be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell anyone---I like watching Tori too! But Dean---he creeps me out a little...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated anniversary! Hard to believe it's been a year! Hope hubs is doing well.. poor guy. Your WIP are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's a link for you. I changed my email & don't have your email anymore.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/28/business/economy/28leonhardt.html?_r=1

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!