Wednesday, March 24, 2010

looky here!

In some knitting news, I finally decided on a yarn for my audrey in unst. Actually I had figured that out maybe a week or so ago (Jo Sharp Alpaca Silk Georgette) but couldn't find it in the color I wanted anywhere until today! Here she is.
Meet Quince. 

Isn't she lovely? I'm getting her for a steal too. I can't wait for her to arrive but I know I won't cast on for it right away. After I've completed the two hats I need to make, I'm going to finally cast on for the cozy bolero! I managed to swing by Joann's on one of the days my husband and I went to Stitches  and I was able to use up my gift card for some skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Super Bulky Wool in black. I can't wait! 

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so you did agree on the burnt orange instead of the green? Either way, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty yarn you got there as well. The yarn I used for Summer with Ishbel is Serenity Garden in Gems colourway by Deborah Norville, I picked it up at Jo-Ann's on sale 2 for 5.00, such a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived off and on in SoCal for 20 years. From Eagle Rock to Ventura Harbour, and as far out as Quartz Hill near Palmdale and Victorville.

    Public transpo is not the best, as me how I know...

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!