Monday, September 25, 2006

has it really been that long??

Goodness, I hadn't realized it's been 4 days since my last post (it feels like I'm going to confession! I took a brief knitting break (just a couple days). I forgot what it was like to just watch tv and do nothing else. There are only certain shows where I have to put away the needles or whatever it is I'm working on and they are gilmore girls, grey's anatomy, and Rebelde. That list will be growing soon once my list of tv shows is complete. Ohhh, I forgot nip/tuck. I began working on the knucks yesterday. Why is it the second item in a pair is so much easier to knit than the first one? I'm much happier with the second one which I currently have on the needles. The first one, I made a silly mistake. I forgot that stockinette means knit all around. It doesn't mean knit one row and purl the next. Oh well. He said to leave it and it's really disturbing to me. It was hard to not frog it. It was equally harder to do the second knuck in the same manner. BIG sigh!! The yarn is super super chunky. Who's idea was it again that this yarn would be great for the knucks? Oh yeah, that'd be me! :P He says they're going ot be like bearclaws. My sister said he could be Wolverine for Halloween. He said he could be Freddy Kreuger. Nice, huh? See how grateful my in-house knitting gift recipients are ??? After I get that last knuck off the needles, I want to start on my second pair of fetching. My sister wants me to somehow combine the fetching pattern with the irish hiking wrist warmers. She said, 'Be innovative.' How talented she thinks I am I don't know. Did anyone watch Knitty Gritty this morning? It was a new episode! Mod knitting. I really like the coaster they made. I might check out the pattern and save it for a rainy day or something. :) Okay, that's all for now. Tomorrow I should have pics of the knucks. Though I'm a bit embarrassed to show the world!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, show a picture! haha. I've done things like that .... a lot.

    p.s. the 9 patch was on the Mason Dixon Knitting Blog.

    http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2006_07.html#001608

    Right there, I think. It's fun and easy and uses scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, sorry, that's not the whole link. Jeeze!! It's on July 14, 2006. It's awesome. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!