Monday, September 11, 2006

socks finally done!

Yay! I actually didn't think I'd ever finish them. I started the first sock (on the left) back in June and zipped through it because I wanted to see the pattern that would develop! In so doing, I caused way too much pain to my right hand and after I started the 2nd sock in the pair, I decided to take time off from knitting socks. I have since come to learn how to resolve my pain and I can honestly say that I don't even really have that same pain anymore. It was horrible! My pointer finger and my middle finger would honestly numb up around the knuckles. I'd go to sleep with them numb and even wake up with them numb. :O Now I don't have any numbness! It hurts a lil bit around my knuckle on my pointer finger but that's all that's left of the pain. I wish the socks actually matched! That would have been nice. Oh well. I noticed something weird too. First off, the second sock I started with a new ball of yarn because I wanted the patterning to be identical. As I was grafting the toe last night, I noticed that the second sock felt a lot thicker than the first sock. I don't know what it is because they're exactly the same yarn just 2 different skeins. They're too thick for me to wear in public so they'll be house socks. In other knitting news, I decided to frog the triangular shawl. Where in the world am I going to wear that thing? I have yet to frog it but I know I will soon. Once I do that, I'll be left with just 2 projects in my project bag. I'm in this mode where I just want to finish everything that I've had for way too long. So next up is the IHS. I'm waiting on the rest of my yarn to show up and then I can finish it. The shipment should arrive on Wednesday. Back to the triangular shawl though. What the heck am I going to make with that tlc cara mia yarn now? I was so glad that I had finally found a project for them (the shawl) and now I don't want to make the shawl anymore. Any suggestions? I hope so! :)

2 comments:

  1. Weird about the socks not matching, or even feeling the same. They are very cute, though. Some of my handknit socks don't match (Most of them really) but they don't have to IMHO. Enjoy your new socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ar! I know, isn't that weird about the socks? I was wondering why I was having such a hard time with that 2nd sock too! It felt too bulky!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!