I went to bed with the ace bandage still on and when I woke up this morning, my two fingers (pointer finger and middle finger) felt stiff! My pointer finger has been hurting around the knuckle when I squeeze it and my middle finger hurst on the actual knuckle for a while now. I made the stiffness go away though with the trigger point massages I had been doing. I don't think it's enough anymore. SO, I was told to stop knitting so much (by my in-house doctor!). I think once the stiffness goes away I'll slowly reintroduce knitting. I'll have to cut my knitting time each day now. How sad. Guess I wasn't cracked up to knit all day after all.
On a happier note: Happy Birthday AR!! I hope you have a fabulous birthday!
Thursday, September 28, 2006
I can't knit!!! (well, I shouldn't!)
Well, I finished the bearpaws/knucks the other night just like I knew I would. I don't have a picture of the complete pair yet though. Let me warn you though, they are a mismatched set. I keep going back and forth about frogging the first one to make it match the second one which looks so un-bearpaw like. That one actually looks like a human could wear it!
I didn't do any knitting yesterday because I was noticing that when I put pressure on my right hand (pressing down on it even just on the carpet!), my wrist felt weak. I told my fiance and he has diagnosed me with tendonitis. He has no medical degree but says from the symptoms I described to him (which I don't even remember right now!) it sounds like I have tissue inflamed from the overuse..the computer time (blogging, going to KR, etc) and all the knitting! :( I took a no-knitting day and was a big baby. I iced my arm, took some strong ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation, and I wrapped it in an ace bandage.
I went to bed with the ace bandage still on and when I woke up this morning, my two fingers (pointer finger and middle finger) felt stiff! My pointer finger has been hurting around the knuckle when I squeeze it and my middle finger hurst on the actual knuckle for a while now. I made the stiffness go away though with the trigger point massages I had been doing. I don't think it's enough anymore. SO, I was told to stop knitting so much (by my in-house doctor!). I think once the stiffness goes away I'll slowly reintroduce knitting. I'll have to cut my knitting time each day now. How sad. Guess I wasn't cracked up to knit all day after all.
On a happier note: Happy Birthday AR!! I hope you have a fabulous birthday!
I went to bed with the ace bandage still on and when I woke up this morning, my two fingers (pointer finger and middle finger) felt stiff! My pointer finger has been hurting around the knuckle when I squeeze it and my middle finger hurst on the actual knuckle for a while now. I made the stiffness go away though with the trigger point massages I had been doing. I don't think it's enough anymore. SO, I was told to stop knitting so much (by my in-house doctor!). I think once the stiffness goes away I'll slowly reintroduce knitting. I'll have to cut my knitting time each day now. How sad. Guess I wasn't cracked up to knit all day after all.
On a happier note: Happy Birthday AR!! I hope you have a fabulous birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for the birthday wishes! :) Rest that arm. Oh, man, that must stink!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you can't knit! That is the worst situation to be in because you can't even knit to forget your woes (which is what I do!) When I'm doing a lot of knitting or am feeling sore I take some time out to stretch my fingers and wrists a little. I notice that helps sometimes. I hope you get better soon! Nice bearclaws too -- you should wear one over your ace bandaged arm what a fashion statement!
ReplyDelete