Tuesday, September 12, 2006

talk about small world

I was looking @ the patterns in the latest issue of knitty (again) when I stumbled upon something. In particular, I was looking @ the avast pattern. I like it but the last time I followed one of yarn boys patterns I wanted to rip someone in half. So I'm only allowing myself to admire it from afar. Anyway, I was glancing underneath the main photo and underneath it, I recognized a name! I went to grad school with her. I spent 2 years of my life in classes with this person who I befriended once upon a time. We graduated and went separate ways. She remained in the bay area while I took a year off and last I heard she was still in the bay area teaching @ Jewish Day School. Little did I know she had gone off and married yarn boy. I tried to email her after I saw her name credited for the photo but the email address I have is old so I was perusing Jesse's blog and decided to just email him about it all. I asked him to fwd the email to her so we'll see what happens. Must be nice to have a husband that knits stuff for you. :)

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm missing and wondering about some of my old friends.

    ps. The st markers I made are just beads on a headpin, with a jump ring on one end. The twisting of the wires kind of hurts my hands, though. I guess I need better tools. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those small world things (most of the time:)! And I love your comment about a pattern making you want to rip someone in half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alliesw-didn't that just sum it up? aren't there patterns that make you just wanna rip someone in half? or maybe I'm the only psycho!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!