Thursday, September 7, 2006

What I was doing last night instead of blogging

I figured out the swish with a twist pattern. Ya know, actually sitting down and reading a pattern from beginning to end is really helpful! I thought I was only having a hard time with the pattern because I wasn't paying enough attention and I kept losing my place. Oh no..it helped a whole lot when I realized that I needed to completely slip the stitch off the needle and 'drop the second wrap' rather than knit into the damn thing. I was a genius last night! And since I was so smart, I made myself finish the dishcloth because I wanted to blog about it, last night. Ohhh, but my hand and fingers hurt on my right hand and I just couldn't get a decent picture. I couldn't post this morning because my landlord things school started today so I had to pretend to go to work today. Yes, you read correctly. Instead of getting to spend my entire day doing knitting-related things (blogging, keeping up with kal's, reading the forums on kr, or just plain knitting!), I had to be out of the house. I did do a little knitting though. I worked a teeny bit on my IHS. Aside from the swish with a twist dishcloth, I did other knitterly things yesterday. I had to find some rowan cashsoft dk 506 (crush) because I wouldn't have enough to finish my IHS. I thought I'd have enough but then I actually sat there and thought about it for a minute and guess what hit me? I don't wear scarves that are only 55 inches in length. So we went to Burbank to go to the shop I picked up my rowan cashsoft in the first place and you know what? They didn't have any. She showed me the book, but I didn't see it. She said I could probably find it online. I thought..yeah, you're probably right and I didn't think anything else of it-until I got home that is! But before heading back home, we went to Michael's because I wanted to see what they had @ the one in Burbank. I picked up another skein of Paton's Classic Merino Wool in Wedgewood because again, I don't make scarves that are only 55 inches long! The besotted scarf is in this wedgewood. I really like the pattern but the colors in the yarn prevent the rest of the human race from seeing the cute lil x's and o's adorning the thing! SO, I'm going to make myself one. Oh yes, I forgot to mention all the shopping I did while I was 'on vacation.' We (my sister, myself, and my fiance) went back home (Salinas, CA) for the baby shower. I had my sister take me to Beverly Fabrics-my favorite lys in Salinas and I picked up a sugar n' cream. We also went to Wal-Mart. Typically, I am not a fan of Wal-Mart because the one in Salinas is utterly disgusting. I was pleased to find out that it is no longer disgusting. I picked up some peaches n' cream from there. I was hoping to find the Paton's there but I wasn't lucky. Okay, so yesterday, we get home from Burbank and I go online to start searching for my rowan cashsoft dk 506 (crush). I was trying to find it for less than what I paid for @ Unwind. I googled it and @ one of the sites, it said the color had been discontinued so I started to freak out a bit. I realized, beggars can't be choosers now! One site had only one skein and it was the lowest price I could find! I picked up 3 skeins @ yarnzilla. I also started looking for some yarn for my besotted scarf. The one I'm working on right now in the paton's classic merino in wedgewood is for my fiance. The color I wanted isn't in stores-I looked @ Michael's. I even looked on the Joann's site and nothing. So I had to go searching, again! I eventually found it for a really good price from yarnsupply.com. I got 4 skeins and hopefully that'll be enough. I can't wait for all my yarn to arrive! :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute dishcloth. Our icky Walmart has Patons now. I was surprised when I saw that; but happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about too short scarves--and I REALLY know what you mean about failing to read the pattern all the way through the first time! In knitting, as in life, I always think I can figure it out just fine. And in knitting, as in life, I often need to go back and start over!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!