Monday, February 19, 2007

a busy knitting day

That's what I had yesterday! I had casted on for my fake isle hat Friday night but wasn't happy with it. I worked on it while I was at the teacher fair Saturday but ended up frogging it when I got home from the fair and I started it over. I finished it yesterday and I absolutely love it. I didn't use up as much yarn as I thought I would. The pattern says that you should have at least 100 yards of both yarns for a size s/m and 120 yards of yarn for size m/l. I don't know how much yarn I have leftover but it seemed as though I hardly used any of the lorna's laces stuff! I have plenty of that leftover and who knows what I'm going to do with it! Oh, I have to thank AR for making this hat and suggesting it. I really like how mine turned out and just might make one for my fiance too! Mine fits him and despite the tinges of pink in my hat, it looked good on him. :) Ohhh, and I have to tell you that I think I've finally figured out how to make the guts look right. Before, I would twist the two different strands of yarn to no end and at some point while working with this hat, I realized that I didn't necessarily need to twist so much! Yay!
I need to cast on for a dishcloth that I'm sending my partner for this stitchmarker & dishcloth exchange I'm in. I've decided that I'm going to make hakucho's hob nail cloth. :)I just need to pick out the yarn I'm going to use. I hate to say this but I haven't really been in the mood to purchase any yarn. :O Yes, you read correctly. I need to focus on knitting now! Those widdershins are collecting dust in the kitchen and what about that cabled wrap?? We just might need to frog that puppy since I haven't touched it since October of 2006!!!!!!!
I made my first elann purchase (this was definitely a month of first purchases!) and my little package arrived on Friday. I picked up some stuff for my FCS2 swap partner and I picked up some kid mohair to make my party lace scarf! :)I don't have the beads (yet!) but can order some soon, I'm sure. :) I haven't touched my traveling vines scarf in a little while. The last time I touched it was maybe on Valentine's Day because I was rewatching "Lucky Seven" on Lifetime. I absolutely love that movie. It is my favorite ABC Family movies! lol. Okay, I took a guilt photo of my traveling vines scarf thus far. :) I've only done 3 pattern repeats out of 20 so I'm slowly chugging along. How does it look so far in it's unblocked glory and all? I don't have an opinion! lol. I've got a pack of costco danishes on top of my circulars to kind of hold it in place for you all to see it!
Okay, I need to get back to work! I've got lesson planning to do my students that I will see tomorrow and I've got some letters to answer.

8 comments:

  1. Your lace is looking good. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, pretty! I'm sure it will look even better when blocked, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty so far. Hooray for cheesy movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far it looks lovely! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far it's beautiful - that blue colorway is terrific. I've been in a lace mood myself - Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarf...the colorway is beautiful, but then again I'm very partial to greens and turquoise!
    Pretty lace pattern too!

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lydia, i noticed that you were in a lace mood yourself! I checked out that book, lavish lace and added it to my amazon wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!