Friday, February 23, 2007

i'm in love...

Before..
After.. I received my ball winder from my sister today. I had her come home from work (where she had it shipped) so that I could start using it. She's flying out to the bay area tonight--luckily she was going to come home before she headed out the the airport. :) Now I just need a swift. She was my swift as I wound my first ball of yarn. It was so much fun. I absolutely love it and wish that I had gotten one sooner!!! My order from Joann's got here today as well so not only can I wind my yarn into balls for my thermal but I can actually start it now! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been dying to just sit and knit for a while and that's definitely what I'll be doing for @ least part of this weekend. :) I need to get all my packages together to be shipped next week. My package for my fcs2 partner is pretty much ready to go out. I just need to write a lil note about myself and what not. My puffy for my stitchmarker and friendship cloth exchange is nearly ready--it's just missing the dishcloth and the stitchmarkers! lol. But neither should take too long. I'm nearly halfway through with the hobnail dishcloth. I joined a couple of swaps at swap-bot too! One of them I'm really intrigued by and it's the squashed penny exchange. lol. I just recently started to really keep track of the squashed pennies that I've collected in the last year and this swap that I joined actually listed a link that shows you where you can make a squashed penny almost anywhere in the US!!!!!!! I plan to go to a few of the places that aren't too far from me and pick up a few for myself and for the swap!
Okay, I need to get back to winding! lol.

7 comments:

  1. Ball winders are great. Now you just need a swift! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice I'm not on your sidebar links! Add me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I wish I still lived in CA, I'd bring over my swift and we could wind yarn together!

    Must. Get. Ball Winder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really super duper ball winder...I don't have one...I use by m&m mini container :)

    That yarn looks like it will be a joy to work with!

    happy winding and knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love it? Wait till you get the swift, you'll want to wind yarn into balls all day long. I had to keep myself from winding up my entire stash when I got my set for Christmas!

    Congratulations on the ballwinder. Happy winding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for ball winders! And yes, you do need a swift! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't the winder the best thing ever? I love mine.

    Yay! I'm glad you can start your sweater now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!