Friday, February 9, 2007

some craftiness (but no knitting!)

I am sick. I've been sick since I got home from a trip to both Joann's and Michael's. I was supposed to hit up both Yarns Unlimited and Wildfiber in Santa Monica and stop by work on my way home to leave some stuff there. Didn't happen. I felt weird at Michael's and thankfully I was pretty much done in there so I left. Once home, my head ached, my legs felt weak, and I had the chills. Fun stuff. I didn't take anything until the evening hit. Thank goodness I didn't have my Thursday afternoon clients and thank goodness, I don't have a Friday client anymore either. I thought I was okay today. My fever (didn't even realize I had one!) seemed to have broken last night because I woke up sweaty! :P So I spent my first Friday of no work being sick rather than knitting. I could've knit but I didn't. I was busy trying to untangle all my yarn that got tangled up while I was winding it onto a yarn daisy. (note to self: I need a ball winder, a real one. One that attaches to a table.) It took me all of two hours to work through the tangled mess I created (I couldn't even tell you how it happened!).
I
did manage to work on this though:
It's my first handmade card! :) I also made a valentine's day card but I will wait to post it. My friend's bday is the day before Valentine's Day and I always send her a card no matter what. With other friends, my card sending kind of fell by the wayside but there are a few people who I
do still send bday cards to. :o
I went to Target today too. I know, I'm crazy. I realized it after the fact that maybe going there wasn't a good idea! I had a feeling that my sister would want to go after work but I didn't think I'd make it that long. :( I picked up some stuff for my fiance for valentine's day
and I picked up some stuff for my downstream favorite color swap 2 sp. :) I also ordered her some stuff online. My first elann's order! :) I hope it gets here soon!
Ohh, and this is a little message to my upstream sp. Have you seen the ginger crystallized in dark chocolate bars at Target????? I had some ginger tea (to sooth my throat!) earlier and thought of you too. :)
I have to say that I have participated in two other swaps aside from the favorite color swap 2 but I have to say that this time around, this swap is exactly how I imagined a secret swap would be like--emailing back and forth with my sp's, really getting to know them, etc. So thank you to the hostesses over at fcs2! :) Oh yeah, I can't wait for sp10 to start up! Speaking of which, I need to put up my sp 10 questionnaire! Happy Friday!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better today. I love your hand made card! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. It's so cute.

    Hope you're feeling better! Good thing you got to rest and not have to work when you were feeling so ill.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!