Tuesday, June 19, 2007

loopy ewe & some knitting

Here's my first loopy ewe purchase (thanks to Sarah. lol). My order arrived on Saturday but I didn't get a chance to post pics until today and I know Sarah wanted to see what I got! So here they are altogether. And here the are individually.
2 skeins of stone barn fibers in angela,
1 skein of perchance to knit in neon rainbow black,
and 1 skein of fleece artist seawool in origin. Can you tell I was trying to stem away from the neon kick I was apparently on when I went shopping??
Here's how I spent my first day of vacation--working on my first lace shawl. It's the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl. I was using the kelp bed I received from Crissy.
Here's a close-up of the stitching. Okay, are you sitting down?? I ended up frogging it because, had I continued knitting this pattern with this yarn (that was made for sport-weight yarn!), I would have way too many stitches on my needles and it'd take me a lifetime to complete. In the first pic of this shawl, I was already up to 100 stitches and the pattern said that I'd be done when there was 195. Um, yeah..no thanks. SO, I need to find another easy shawl pattern to work on for the summer.
Since I frogged my shawl, and I couldn't decide on a sock pattern to knit, I just casted on for my chevron scarf. Here it is so far. I dunno yet what I think of the color combo but it's growing on me. My fiance already wants one for himself so whatever is leftover from the farmhouse cake, I will use on a chevron for him! ;)
My blogiversary is approaching next month--July 13th to be exact (I think!) and I've decided that I'm going to offer up a prize in honor of my blogiversary. :) I'm still deciding but it will definitely be a gift certificate and I'm thinking that it'll either be to the loopy ewe or amazon. Elann might be an option as well. We'll see. :)
Oh and I've got a confession to make too--I thought I was gonna be someone's angel for sp10 and I went to the loopy ewe site to see if there was anything I could get said angel. I ended up getting two skeins for myself and it turns out I don't have to be an angel after all. Sigh..maybe I need to designate August as my month to swear off the yarn!!

10 comments:

  1. Since we are confessing... I joined the Chewy Spaghetti sock club. Stop me! I'll have no money for the SoCal yarn crawl! Gah! I blame it on still being a newish knitter. The first year I knit I really only bought what I need, I think it's taken me till a few months ago to actually get the yarn addiction. heh.

    It's a shame you had to frog the shawl it was looking gorgeous! I like the chevron, it's like a fun rainbow. And how much am I loving the Angela? Too much! Must. Resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, g-girl! ALL of your stuff is soooo pretty! I love, love, love the chevron scarf (of course, you knew I would....;) I might even have to steal your color combo! That's okay, right? cuz I live far away and no one will ever know! You are so good at the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty yarn! I have the neon rainbow yarn too - its so nice. Its too bad you frogged the shawl - it was really pretty! Great chevron - beautiful color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your yarn is so pretty! I love that pink and black. I've been thinking about dyeing some those colors. I just love how your shawl is turning out, too! All the colors you chose are great!

    Can you tell I love brights? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing wrong with a little Loopy Ewe, hon! Gorgeous stuff!
    Your shawl looks a lot like the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl that I'm working on....hmmmm....

    The chevron looks great - I'm waiting on my yarn from Blue Moon so I can start mine. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your new knitting...I'm jealous...you have such yummy yarn to knit with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the chevron scarf, the colours are wonderful. I just bought a skein of seawool and 'am looking for the perfect sock pattern to use it for.

    Hey, lefty buddy, I have knit 4 socks [not 4 pairs, just socks] and always have a tough time grafting. What method do you use? When I follow grafting instructions the grafting row ends up twisted, when I exchange 'knitwise' for 'purlwise' and vise-versa the row looks like garter stitch. What I have been doing is inserting the needle into the back of the stitch but that twists the rows on ether side of the graft row. Any advise?
    thanks, g-girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. the shawl.... I've seen it IRL and it's really gorgeous... love your yarn acquisitions

    ReplyDelete
  9. What colors are you using on this chevron? Just Farmhouse? Curious cause I do like the tie-dye style of the scarf. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!