Saturday, December 30, 2006

being adventurous!

Greetings from my parents' chilly house! :) It's about 10 degrees warmer outside than it is in my bedroom. It has felt like eons since I last blogged. I've been meaning to blog but just haven't had a spare moment to do so! We will be going back to LA in a few days and that is when I'm going to overload you with all the pics I took while I was here in my parents' house! I didn't bring my usb cord for my camera because I didn't think I'd need to upload anything. Little did I know my fiance was going to fix the web accelerator on the computer. :) It's not dsl but it's sure as heck faster than regular old dial-up! :) I'm behind on blogs so I don't really know how everyone's Christmases went. I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas (if you are a celebrator of Christmas). New Year's is just days away and it's hard to believe that it's going to be 2007 soon. I'm ready for it though! I have to thank my KR gift exchange for the wonderful goodies she sent me!! I now own one book of the Vogue Stitchionaries (the cable one!!). Not only did I pick up a couple of the BW treasuries but now I have a Vogue Stitchionary! :) Thank you so, so, much Nikke! :) I love the sock needle protectors, my needle gauge, etc. She sent me a lottery ticket and I won $3! :) I have yet to claim my money though. I don't know if I'm going to get 3 more lottery tickets or just collect the money! Christmas was nice and laid back. My fiance got lots of clothes. My sister got board games which I'm sure we'll be playing with her once we get back home. My lil niece got lots of stuff but has yet to wear any of the handknit items given to her. She better wear that sweater soon before she grows out of it!! My mom got me the knitting calendar (which I picked out!) and there are a lot of patterns in it! Since we've been here, I've been wanting to make some mittens. I want to make some convertible mittens like the ones Carole made! I can't wait to get home and look for a nice pattern! I haven't been doing as much knitting as I'd like. The lighting here isn't very good so I can't knit at night like I do @ home. I've been knitting during car trips though. I think I'm getting close to needing to do the gusset and short row heel for my widdershins that I have picked up again. I restarted a cabled scarf for my sister. I decided to go with a combo stitch that is in the Vogue stitchionary. I can't remember what it's called. I haven't even done one whole pattern yet. It's a 28 row pattern repeat. I hope I have enough yarn! I picked up some sws for myself (yes, you read correctly AR. I got it with a 50% off coupon from Michaels. I also picked up some more beads while I was there. I took back some yarn that I had extra of and said they were a Christmas gift. ;) I still have about $6 left on my return card because I didn't see anything else that I wanted! We've been spending a lot of time with my lil niece! My fiance and I took her for a walk around the neighborhood and the lil munchkin fell asleep before we even left the driveway! :( My fiance woke her up before we got home though by letting the sun shine on her lil face! Ohh, I mentioned that we were going to go to the Steinbeck House for lunch when we got here. The food was absolutely amazing! We had pumpkin soup, a cranberry mold salad, ham with veggies and potatoes baked in sour cream and cheese. Now, I'm super picky with food--won't eat mayonnaise, sour cream, avocadoes, etc and I was quite leery of the potatoes. I couldn't not have them though because they were already made. I tried them, and they were absolutely delicious! Couldn't even taste the sour cream! Our waitress even came by to ask me what I thought of the potatoes! :) The pumpkin soup was amazing! Of course we had dessert too. We got a slice of apple pie which was a lil too sweet and a slice of the chocolate roll which was perfect! I think we're going to try to make it a regular thing for us to go eat there when we're in town. They have a cookbook but we didn't purchase it. Maybe next time. We even thought about how we could have our reception there! It holds 89 people and we don't plan to have too many for the wedding. I should hop off here. My fingers are literally frozen and numb! I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I have been thinking of you all and I miss reading about what everyone's been up to! I hope everyone has a wonderful new year.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Have fun with that SWS. I almost got some more with my Christmas gift card, but I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a nice vist, but busy! It will be fun to see all your pictures when you come back.

    I looking forward to order being restored in my household...soon :)

    happy knitting in 2007 :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!