Thursday, June 28, 2007

some contests out there in blogland

Well, there are two contests going on that I know of..Asa has one and all you have to do is leave a comment about which you prefer-coffee/tea and you get entered! The other contest is over at skeins her way. All you have to do is leave a comment by July 16th letting her know how old you were when you first learned to knit! Also let her know where you found out about the contest. I plan to have my own lil contest very soon as well since my blogaversary is fast approaching! I haven't quite thought about what exactly the contest will consist of but I'm sure of what the prize will be--something simple. :) I met with my Kindergarten teaching partner yesterday with my fiancé. He was a bit fearful about meeting her when he heard that she doesn't know her north, south, east, and west (just like me!) and when I was giving her directions to where we could meet, she said, "I can picture it..but I'm not quite sure where that is...) which I found funny because I said the exact same thing to her the day before. It's going to be a scary year. lol. In the meantime, I haven't been able to do as much knitting as I'd like because I keep getting kidnapped without my knitting!!! I did get to go to Happy Hookers, Too in Valley Village the other day in an attempt to go to Stitch Cafe which happened to be closed! My poor fiancé--he was trying to surprise me. Oh, and then, he tried to surprise me with going to Black Sheep Knittery and neither one of us knew that it had closed. Yes, I knew about the sale but I had no idea the sale was because the shop was closing. All that sale yarn we missed out on..sigh..and today, today, is blog reading catch-up day since I've been away. My sister and I will be going home to see our niece so I may not be around over the weekend but hopefully when I return, I'll have a finished pair of socks to show off!

2 comments:

  1. Waiting to see your finished socks....

    ...hope you get some time to do some happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!