Monday, June 11, 2007

where I've been and lunch with a fellow knit blogger!

Well, I haven't been around to blog (or read everyone else's blog for that matter!) because I have been without a car for an entire week so I've been out and about instead of at home, blogging! My car is finally back home as of earlier this evening. She was at the dealership for so long because they had to replace the entire brake system!!!!!!! They had to do that because there was a recall on my brake light switch so they replaced it (it's a jetta by the way!) and after they did that, it totally screwed my car up-which is why she's been away from home. It's weird having a car again. I've gotten so used to having my fiance cart me around town! Good news is, this is my last 'full' week of work until the summer program begins July 9th. I'll get to sleep in, knit all day long, etc. :) I can't wait! I've got a FO--I finally finished my widdershins but I don't have pics of them just yet. Question for all you sockknitters--is it possible to convert a cuff-down pattern into a toe-up pattern? I find that I could potentially be a sockknitter but I'm partial to the toe-up patterns. Speaking of which, have you seen these yet?? I'm so making those!!! Some of you may know that knottykitty was in my neck of the woods last week. We actually got a chance to get together for lunch last Friday. She brought her cute hubby and I brought my fiance. It was sooooooooooo nice to meet a fellow knitblogger! We both came bearing gifts. I came with stitchmarkers and she came with a very nice chenille flower cloth (with a lil bottle of midnight pomegranate shower gel)! How she knew I liked that scent, I don't know. :) Lunch was fun--no pics, sorry. And no knitting but definitely lots of knitting talk!! There's talk of a reunion up in their neck of the woods. :)

8 comments:

  1. How neat to meet another knit blogger. I would love to meet you in real life. hehe.

    Hope you get lots of knitting and relaxation during your break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh sleeping in and knitting all day, lucky you!

    Those socks are pretty much the only things I like from the latest Knitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes of course you can convert the pattern! The only thing you need to remember is to work the pattern or chart in reverse or your socks will come out "upside down" if you know what I mean. The nice thing about toe up is then you don't have to worry about running out of yarn and you don't have to be frugal to the point where you end up with some left that's not really enough to do much with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee, i was just on knottyknitty's site and she talks about your meeting. I am so knitting those socks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope everything is ok with your car now and that you enjoy your break, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to meet up with another blogger!

    Lucky you - summer for me means that kids will always be underfoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad your first date went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heard you had a good time meeting Deb.It must have been fun meeting a blogger friend in person. Glad it worked out for you both :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!