Thursday, May 24, 2007

Adam Sandler...and a sleeveless (plus collarless) thermal!

I saw Adam Sandler last night!! My sister and I were on our way home from the grocery store when I saw Adam Sandler (in a car) turn the corner onto the street we were on. He was most likely coming out of the Sony lot. In the three years that I've lived near Sony Studios, this is the first time ever that I've actually seen anyone! My sister slowed down so that she could see him for herself. It's our first "star" sighting. lol.
Okay, onto knitting news...here's my thermal so far. :) Can you believe I've come this far?? I finished the buttonhole band and the button band and I have to pick up stitches for the collar--I think that part is going to be a big pain in the you know what! I might switch to working on the sleeves. Picking up the stitches is a pain--plus I don't know how many I should be picking up! :P Today's fortune:I'll be going home to see the folks and my niece for a couple of days--dad just got out of surgery and I'm feeling the need to be close to family. While up north, I plan on visiting the golden fleece, monarch knitting & quilts and the yarn place. :) Knottykitty, what have you done to me!! lol Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Hey g-girl, I tracked you back at last! That thermal looks sooooo cozy. I bet it will be a favorite when it's done.

    I love love love the White Oak yarn you bought. I have hearted so many of their yarns. One of these days I will cave in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice family weekend! Thermal is coming along really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...don't blame me! I have enough guilt going on right now! :p But do let us know what you buy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, a star sighting!

    Hope your dad is going to be ok. Have a good visit with your family.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Pacific Grove. *sniff sniff* I'm from Monterey and I miss it a lot. Where is your family? I was only ever in Monarch Knitting a couple of times and was sad to hear my sister, who is just learning to knit, went in to ask for help in selecting yarn for a shawl and the woman was just rude to her. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Thermal is looking great. Hope your dad's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a nice weekend with your family and that your dad is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge Sandler fan! Lucky you! What kind of car does he drive??

    Your project looks great!

    Chat later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your thermal is really coming along nicely. Love the color.
    Glad your Dad is doing well. Hope and pray he has a speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!