Friday, May 11, 2007

When one door closes, another one opens, right?

I give good interview. Really, I do. :) I actually look forward to the interview part. My interview went well with the school I visited this morning--not too far from the house but far enough. The interview went so well that I'm scheduled to do a model lesson next Wednesday at 8:30 in the morning. It's a half hour. I already know what I'm going to do too! It just came to me as I was about to park my car in the garage. :) It is for a Kindergarten position. This school is awesome. Even more awesome than that Palisades one. Speaking of the Palisades school. I officially sent the email declining the embarrassing offer given to me this morning-prior to getting ready for today's interview. The Director of Curriculum feels like it is her school's loss to not have me there. I'm just bummed about not getting to work with her again as she is absolutely amazing and one that I completely look up to in the education field. I don't want to get too excited about this school though (beginning to notice a pattern, here?) but I have to say that when I walked into the school, it felt like home. I was chatting it up with the front office ladies and the interview/conversations with the head and asst. head was so easy and free-flowing. I think there are two things that gave me an edge-one being that I went to Mills College (both women were familiar with it and both wished that their daughters had attended it!) and the other being that I work at the Kelter Center. :) Apparently, anyone who is in Education in the Los Angeles metro area, has heard of it and it is very highly regarded within all circles. Fingers crossed for Wednesday. :) I just got back from Target with a bunch of card-making supplies and some goodies for both my sp10 pal and my ISE4 pal. I think my scarf is finally going to go out early next week! I'm starting to tire of the traveling vines scarf and hope to be done with it soon. I think rather than doing 5 more pattern repeats maybe 2 or 3 more will be enough! If I owe you an email, it'll be answered soon. I'm still a bit behind on blogs but plan to catch up between now and say Sunday. :) Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! P.S. I don't know how I could've forgotten this part--we actually started to talk about knitting. ;) The head of school was saying that she likes to read and that the asst. head does also and that often they ask during interviews, the last book someone has read and I said.."Hmm...the last book??" I told them the last book I read was literally work-related and that it was the Linda-Mood Bell manual. Then I said that I mostly read magazines-particularly Organic Style (my favorite!). Okay, I just googled the name and it didn't come up. I just now remembered that Organic Style is no longer Organic Style but Body & Soul and it's affiliated with Martha Stewart!!!!!! I had absolutely no idea about that. Anyway, and then I mentioned that I read a lot of knitting books and said that I was a knitter. That spurred a knitting conversation! Both ladies only know how to make square things. The head of school said that she knew how to knit...and purl-which I thought was cute and the asst. head said, "That's with a period @ the end" and I said, "Oh, I know!" Then the head of school went on to share her experience of making a sweater and how she has a finished one but she didn't do all the work. Her knitting teacher did and she said that she can't knit because then she couldn't read. I had made the comment of how I spend my time knitting instead of reading. She mentioned books on tapes but I'm an audio-visual learner so that wouldn't bode very well. Carole, I talked about your blanket with them. :) By the way, if you don't know the story, you have to go read about it! I can't access her archives right now or else I'd post a link to the beginnings of the blanket story. :) Here's the lil blurb about it from her local paper though. :) Apparently, afterschool, they have a knitting class (Do you know how excited I was to hear that???) And Arleta, I thought of you! There aren't many students in it but the head of school said the past few times she had been up in the room with them, they were having a great time and I said, 'Of course they were!' Okay, that was my knitting content for the day. lol.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck Wednesday...I have my fingers and arms crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I'm sending great thoughts your way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the good interview! I'm your KLS letter saviour - did you ever get the card I sent you? It's been a while, and I'm worried the postal system swallowed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Glad the interview went well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!