Thursday, May 31, 2007

turn of events..

As per my May 9th entry, I distinctly said that the school in the Palisades could kiss my booty. Well. Fast forward to yesterday. I had a vm from Anastasia, my connection @ the school. I had an email from her in my inbox. When I arrived at work yesterday afternoon, there was a message there telling me to call her asap. I called her after I got all my chores done but didn't hear back from her. I called her again once I got out of work and she called me back when I got home. Are you sitting down? lol. ;) She was calling with another offer. She wanted me to know that she wasn't going to give up until I was working at her school. Here's the new offer: I would have the title of co-teacher and they were willing to give me my bottom line!!!!!!!! I immediately wanted to just say yes but knew I should wait. I told her that I wanted to just tell her yes right then and there but thought that I should think it over a bit. I'd be in the Kindergarten classroom with the awesome Kindergarten teacher that 'interviewed' me (we ended up trading ideas back and forth!) and I would sincerely be a co-teacher, I'd be responsible for teaching certain things, etc. Anastasia also mentioned that she knew that next year, there would be an opening in 2nd grade and she wants me there now, learning the ropes so that I could take that position. Anastasia has seriously been my guardian angel through all of this. She told me she kept pushing so hard for this because she believes in my teaching. It felt good to hear that particularly from Anastasia because she was an outstanding teacher. She also said that I would learn so much from the teacher I'd be working with because she is by far, the best teacher at that school and she really knows the school's philosophy.
I told her I'd get back to her the latest today because I wanted to run it by my fiance first (even though he'd say whatever I decided would be fine with him--as long as I was happy with my decision). He didn't get home til midnight last night (I even tried calling him! His phone had gone dead!!). When he got home, I told him my news, and he was grinning from ear to ear. Obviously he thought it was a good idea to take the job too. :) I called Anastasia at 7:30 this morning (!!!) to tell her that I would be accepting her offer. Though I had her repeat the offer to me. She was sooooooooooooo excited to hear that we would get to work together again. So now, the executive director is getting my contract together and training begins in the middle of August!!!!!!! I'm so, so excited about this new opportunity! I may have to stop working @ The Kelter Center during the school year though since it's a schlep from the Palisades to where I live in the early evening. I can't wait to start!!!! Thanks to everyone who's stuck by me through all this. You've been so supportive! :)
Oh yeah, before Anastasia and I hung up last night, she mentioned that if I worked there, we could have a knitting group!!!!!!! ;)

Today's fortune:


19 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats! Yay for sticking it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I'm SOOOO proud of you!! Congratulations---you certainly deserve it! You were so smart to reject the first lower offer--now look what you got!! Can't wait to give you a (((big hug))) in person! Now you'd better hope they don't see your blog, with all that kissing your butt stuff! LOL!

    :) x 10!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sincerely happy for you! What a great turn of events. I guess, if its meant for you, it all falls into place... I just checked my comment on your May 9 entry and I realize, I said the exact same thing!

    Congratulations and I hope and pray that it is all you're expecting it to be and more.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! sounds like a perfect opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! i'm glad to hear that things worked out with that school! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! How exciting - I'm so happy you found the perfect job for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I was hoping you'd get just what you wanted. You deserve it, you sweetie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on achieving your goal! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    I am so happy for you. This position sounds so good and I bet it really makes you happy to know that they really and truely wouldn't give up until you said YES! And what a nice bonus...a knitting group :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mega Mega MAZEL TOV (from your Jewish Friends in Canada!) Lol...

    Sean sends big kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is wonderful news! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a wonderful opportunity! Many congrats, and good for you for sticking to what you want and not settling for less.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such great news... congrats! Send some job vibes my way, I may be on the market as well. Good for you for standing to your guns! very exciting days ahead for you :-)

    I'll be visiting more often .. school for me is done on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!