Wednesday, March 24, 2010

it never ends

Well, we're still here and things have not improved. The hubby woke up super early yesterday morning with some fluid in his lungs so we rushed on down to Kaiser (since they were the closest hospital) and then he got shipped all the way to East LA because that's where Kaiser sends their non-member patients! He was released late last night after he kept putting pressure on the nurse to just let him leave (she was waiting on his bp going down). He was getting anxious for his release because it was getting later and later and East LA isn't right next door to West LA! Plus he was just going to be a mile away staying at his dad's place in case his symptoms came back.  He's feeling better. It helps that the PA wrote out a scrip for all his meds we have back home (which I filled yesterday). Now we know to just take all of his meds when we travel. I hope we stop being rookies at this.
My brother is driving up in my car to pick up my mom so she can go to work tomorrow. The car is still waiting to receive the necessary parts so the earliest we'd leave LA is possibly Friday. The good things about yesterday was my husband was able to see his dad (who he hasn't seen since he was in the hospital back in January) and he really missed him. He's going to be spending a couple days with him too. I got to talk to my good friend from my old work and we may hang out since I'm still around! I also got to talk to my last teaching partner and one of my moms from my first class at my last school. The last two were surprise phone calls while I was at the hospital. So that was nice. Oh, our rental car is nice too. We opted for a Mazda 3.
I'm still knitting away on that scarf. I think I may make it longer than I had originally intended but we'll see. At least while we're stranded here I have my laptop, camera, some knitting, a few letters that I can get going on, and Eat, Pray, Love. Though I have to admit, there hasn't been much reading going on while we've been here! Maybe tomorrow because I'll have most of the day to myself. How I miss that!!

5 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! Glad hubby is doing better though.. keep hanging in there..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your hubby feels better soon.

    The Mazda 3 is a nice car. What car do you drive?

    Sounds crazy busy by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I hope he gets better soon! You guys really deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending piles of well wishes to you and the hubs! I hope things get sorted out v. soon.

    So glad you liked the cupcake recipe! I do have the Veganomicon cookbook and it's one of my favorites. The only other vegan/veggie cookbooks I swear by are The Urban Vegan by Dynise Balcavage and Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby and you are always in my prayers! Wow you're in LA...only an hour from me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!