Tuesday, March 9, 2010

shattered

Last night the monkey came over for the evening. She was sort of in a weepy state and at one moment, she took my hand, walked me away from everyone else and says to me, "Imagine, you're married."
Me: Yes. (her mom has been working with her on saying 'yes' instead of 'yeah' so I make sure to do the same with her!).
Monkey: You're married with ____.
Me: Yes.
Monkey: So you can't marry me...
She looked so distraught. I picked her up and took her into the kitchen to tell my husband about the conversation. Ever since she was about 2 years old she has wanted to marry me. Who am I to say, no you can't?? I'm guessing her mom had a conversation with her about it and she got it. My husband said, yes I was married to him (which made her sadder to hear it from someone else) but I told her even though I was already married, we could be best friends and that made her feel SO much better. Poor kid. Growing up sucks. 

3 comments:

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!