Friday, March 12, 2010

life goes on

I've been meaning to post for a few days now but have been distracted-with life. I had a conversation with the aforementioned moron from the previous post on Tuesday morning. That was the last time I spoke to him and it is probably going to be the last time that I do speak to him. You're supposed to get rid of the toxic people in your life, right? Well, he's one of them. The last few days have been peaceful. I haven't acknowledged him, looked at him, spoke to him, or been in the same room as him.  Doing these things makes it easier to stomach staying in that house especially since we don't know when we'll be able to leave.
I've been knitting.
I've still got a long way to go on my husband's scarf..but I have until Easter, right? Gust is chugging along-just as slowly. I haven't decided how many repeats I'm going to do with Gust. I've already done the 23 repeats the pattern calls for but it's not long enough for me.  I whipped out the book that has the pattern for my husband's vest last night and I also pulled out my copy of Sweater Design in Plain English so I could look at taking exact measurements, etc. I want this vest to fit correctly! I pulled out the yarn we got at Stitches West for it as well and I think I'm going to do a swatch to see how the yarn knits up.
Yesterday was my sister's birthday! We sent her this. She's not one for cantaloupe or grapes so this was the safest bet. I asked her to freeze a couple of them for me so I can try them when we see her next weekend. lol. Hopefully they'll be okay! She loved it and ended up not sharing any of it with her coworkers. She said she didn't want to unwrap it and then have to rewrap it to bring home.
I will leave you with a couple of pics of the monkey from last Saturday. I took some video as well. She's a total crack-up.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scarf...and your niece is as adorable as ever! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really neat arrangement you sent your sister! looks yummy!

    Great scarf!

    Monkey is cute as always!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!