Monday, May 3, 2010

I love Sam :)

I have been emailing back and forth today with Sam, of Sknitches fame. I sent her an email late Sunday asking her if she had any leftover glisten in bittersweet. I posted on the rav group as well and got nothing. She emailed me back this morning saying she didn't have any leftovers but she did have one skein left and would be willing to send me half a skein to finish off my dame damson! :) I sent her a pic of what my dame looked like because I wasn't sure if Sam had in stock would go with the version of bittersweet I had been using. We both agreed that it would work after all (plus I'm at the last 8 rows so it really won't make that much of a difference!) and so now I just have to wait patiently for it to get here. :)
I've been working exclusively on dame damson mostly because I needed to make a decision on what I was going to do as I got closer and closer to not having enough yarn! I do hope my former teaching partner loves it. Now I must focus on purple haze.
In some non-knitting news, we're a lil bit closer to finding out about the apt. We dropped by the office today and they still need a couple more documents before they decide. We're the only ones that are interested in it though! They mentioned to us this awesome program that we checked out immediately after leaving their office too. We have an appt. tomorrow afternoon to see if we qualify for having our first month's rent (plus deposit!) paid by another agency. I definitely felt as though a high presence was guiding us today. I just hope he continues to guide us. :)

3 comments:

  1. Well my dear, good luck with EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Damson is looking fantastic. Best of luck with the apartment, dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping everything works out for you!

    That's so nice of her to send you half a skein!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!