Thursday, May 27, 2010

a spark

Amidst all my packing today (and the breakdown of our bedframe while the hubs was out working), I received not one but two phone calls today. One from the school I interviewed with on Tuesday telling me that they'd like for me to come do a demo lesson sometime next week (talk about timing!!) but the asst. head of school would be scheduling that. The other phone call was from the preschool I interviewed with yesterday. Apparently they need copies of all my degrees. The administrative assistant said I did so well at my interview yesterday that they wanted to speed up the process. Yikes. I don't want them to speed it up THAT quickly! We still have moving to do. Not sure how we're going to get our heavy stuff to the new place since both the hubs and I are retired from moving heavy items. His left arm isn't so strong and you all know my right wrist has gotten quite weak with all the knitting! We're just going to do what we can tomorrow then see what happens. We will definitely be sleeping at the new place tomorrow though. I'm charging up the airbed as I type this. :)
Aside from the two good news phone calls, I've also been reliving my life via really old cassettes where I recorded songs. You know the type--the ones where you got a lil embarrassed by whatever it was that ended up being on the cassette. I had a tape with NKOTB written on it and was a bit hopeful but it ended up being other stuff. I was a wee bit disappointed. At least I got to hear the tail end of Tender Roni. lol.
Okay, off to relive my youth and procrastinate. STILL have more packing. I have a few more knitting books than when we first got here. I also have WAY more yarn than when we first got here as well. Oh well. Such is life. 
Oh, so all in all, today has been a great day! It's been a while since I had a great day. The two leads on possible jobs gives me hope. Today, it felt as though, getting out of this house is really going to be a step in the right direction for us.  It's the first step in our new life, a life lacking in all the negativity that we have had to endure for the past 4 months.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love old casettes! I found an A-track the other day, but couldn't play it. We used to have an a-track player on my dad's boat.

    YEY for good news phone calls! can't wait to hear some more good news about a job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope you get a new job soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowser, I guess good things do come to those who wait. Good luck with EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!