Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I got a swift!!! (and other news)

My swift came today. No pics of it just yet because it's already dark and I don't have any yarn that needs winding. :( I can't wait to use it! I also found out who my sp is for ISE 4. I had no idea what kind of scarf I was going to make for my partner but judging from her responses to the questionnaire, I so know what I'm going to make her now. :) I just need to get the yarn..I wonder who got me..and what kind of scarf they're going to make for me! When I first answered the questionnaire, I didn't care if the scarf was cable or lace but now I'm kinda leaning towards wanting a lace one just because I can now appreciate the intricacies of a nice lace pattern. :) I got a new client at work yesterday. I'm telling you all, there are a lot of 'well-known' people that send their children to where I work. I was trying to figure out if my latest clients were affiliated at all with the movie-industry. They're not but dad's family apparently created a popular juice brand that's on the market. My new client is an absolute doll. She doesn't come close to the princess or the gal who says she's going to be at the Academy Awards next year because maybe her mom will make a movie this year that will get nominated! I'll be going to see my niece (for the first time since January!!!) this weekend so I'll have some new pics to share of her when I get back. I was working on thermal today (and my so-called scarf!) and I so want to finish it already! I feel like a fire has been lit under my you know what-but you wouldn't really know it since here I am just talking about that fire instead of doing something about it!! Right now my focus is definitely on it though because I'd like to get the neck placket complete. I'm in the midst of the easy part. Maybe when I get back from visiting my niece I'll be done with the placket--that's wishful thinking. I have to have 12 inches knitted before I start dividing up for the neckline placket and I'm only at about 2.5 if not 3 and it's Tuesday night. We'll see how it goes. I also want to finish the first skein of yarn for my so-called scarf. I'm not too far off. Robyn is my sp10 hostess (and an online knitting friend!) and the latest contest for our group is to post about what is our favorite knitting accessory...What is yours? I am going to leave you with that thought in mind because I haven't quite yet decided what my favorite knitting accessory is but when I do, I'll definitely tell you all about it. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the swift! Did you order it from Joanns? Enjoy it - I LOVE MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a ball winder or a swift...maybe some day!

    Lucky you...you have all the neat tools of the trade now :)

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!