Wednesday, March 21, 2007

post-happy!

Well, I was just over here where I saw this. I don't know if anyone else would be interested but I thought it was a cool idea. I have pen pals but many of them are non-knitters. I can't seem to get enough of knitters via blogs, messagboards, or emails that we trade back and forth! I like getting writing and receiving letters from knitters too! :) So if you're interested, sign up! The deadline is next Friday. :)
I also came on here to get opinions on this: It's from elann and I was thinking of using this stuff for the scarf I will be making for my ISE sp. What do you guys think? I haven't worked with this stuff before and am not sure if anyone else has since it's new. I know it's going to shed all over the place for one thing. The pattern I am thinking of using is persephone. I know that marie used highland silk but I haven't done the research to see what the gauge difference would be between the highland silk and this atacama yet. Advice much appreciated! :)

8 comments:

  1. ooooh, the knitting pen-pal thing sounds like such a cool idea! i have SO much stationary... i'll have to think about joining! : )

    i haven't used that yarn before, but the color is really pretty and i like the scarf pattern. the fact that it's "23,952 stitches and ... 1255 cable crossings" would throw me off, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty yarn and the pattern is beautiful. You are definitely a cable girl :)

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. I am madly in love with that pattern! Thank you for posting it *bookmark bookmark*. I haven't worked with that yarn but the color is very pretty and alpaca is soooo soft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty, but I have no advice. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used that yarn yet but it's a very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, but I've never worked with it either.

    If it's really drapey it should work like silk though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is beautiful yarn the color is just gourgious. love the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my new favorite pattern... I will make it for ME b4 next winter.... no help on the yarn but the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!