Monday, March 19, 2007

progress

I finally left the land of twisted ribbing and have now entered the land of waffle stitch. Now that winter has returned (who knows for how long!) maybe that'll give me the incentive to knit faster and get this done quicker!! Wishful thinking. :)
Here's my so-called scarf so far. I had much more completed and then somehow I made a mistake and when I ripped back to correct it, it seemed as though I had to go a bit further back than I thought. No big deal. I tried to knit this while @ the drive-in. Are you laughing at me yet?? I wanted to see "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock and Julian McMahon but we had already missed part of it. All of the movies had already started once we got to the drive-in actually. Out of all the movies that they would be showing after the main movies though, the only one I wanted to see was "Bridge to Terabithia." We had
no idea which screen was going to show it! We knew that the "Premonition" screen wasn't going to have it or the one showing '300' so it had to be 1 of the other two screens that were left. We decided it was going to be shown on the screen that was showing 'Dead Silence' so we watched the rest of that (can you believe it??) and the movie that started after it turned out to be Norbit! We managed to find our way to the screen that was going to show "Bridge to Terabithia" and I really liked it. I didn't read it as a child but now I think I want to read it to see if the book and movie were at all similar. Oh yeah, I saw the ending of "Premonition" so we didn't watch it from the beginning because I already knew how it was going to end. :o And throughout all of that, I kept trying to knit on my scarf and was quite unsuccessful. You can't turn the light on in your car without disturbing some other car you know?? Oh well. Now I know for next time that knitting and the drive-in don't necessarily mix!

7 comments:

  1. oooh, good progress! sorry to hear that you had to frog part of your scarf again, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your waffle stitch looks great...and your scarf, too...keep up the good work!

    happy knitting :)
    P.S. Those chicken wings were fabulous...thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the drive in! I'd love to have one around here again. Could you bring a book light to knit by?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work! I like the look of that so-called scarf--it's an interesting pattern! I had a knitting group kick-off meeting yesterday, and it was lots of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the drive in! Too bad your experience wasn't so good. Bridge ... looks like a good movie.
    Maybe you need some of those light up needles. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your so-called scarf! I haven't been to the drive-in in decades. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you need those light up knitting needles....can't wait to see thermal finished!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!