Monday, April 16, 2007

an early bday gift and some stitch markers!

I participated in the get stitchy stitch marker exchange and I have to say that I got one of the coolest partners. :) Not only is she a sweetheart with a great sense of humor, but she also has a big heart. :) My partner was Crissy. And this is what I received in the mail when I got home from work!
This is the entire package, minus the very nice bday card she sent me. :) Oh, and everything is posing on top a very large cloth grocery bag from Super Bear Supermarket. I love it!! I can't wait to use it!
Here are my stitch markers and a row counter (which she's going to have to tell me how to use! lol). Do you see the cute lil birdies??? I had commented to her about how cool I thought they were because I had seen them in her shop and she surprised me with some of my very own. :)
On top of all of that, she also sent me some yarn!!! Above is a skein of tofutsie sock yarn (which I had actually been curious about!) See sp, you're not the only one trying to make me into a reformed sockknitter. ;)
And this, this is Alaskan hand-dyed yarn!! It comes from Raven Frog Fiber Arts based in Sitka..not sure if there's a website because there isn't one listed on the label. The colorway is Kelp Bed and it's 50% Silk, 50% Merino. Sigh...
Thank you, from the tips of my toes for this wonderful package, Crissy. :) It's not even my birthday yet and I'm already getting spoiled! A girl could get used to this. lol.

6 comments:

  1. The red parts on either end of your row counter are the knobs... twist them to adjust the count. I have one just like it!

    Very pretty stuff, you have a very nice pal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! Lucky girl. Now, knit some socks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots of nice yarn and stitch markers, including your counter one...how clever!

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have been getting alot of cool swag lately!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!