Monday, April 2, 2007

great news!

So I just had to share that I don't have to go to work today (or Wednesday for that matter!)! :) My one client that I was supposed to see today (movie star girl) won't be back from her vacation until next Monday. :) I'm so glad. Now I don't have to feel guilty about sitting in front of the computer for most of the day (to catch up on blogs I haven't commented on!)! I can get all my packages together that need to go out, finish the stitchmarkers I started last week (and start some new ones!) and work on some letters. :) I was a good knitter last night and knitted on every single one of my current pressing projects. I think I'm going to be done with my so-called scarf very soon too. Thermal is at about 9 inches right now--only 6 more to go(!!!!). :P Oh, and I set up my swift and winder last night. I wound a ball of my artyarns and I let my sister wind another one. My fiance didn't get a turn but it's still set up and I'm probably going to just leave the set-up out. He wanted to get a pic of me winding last night but I told him the lighting was bad and it wasn't a good idea. Oh other good news (don't know how I failed to mention this in last night's post..must've been all the red getting to me!)-my sister is going to learn how to knit! I failed to mention that she was my color expert yesterday while yarn shopping and she was touching all the fo's (as was my fiance) and particularly liked the felted bags they had there. In the car, I suggested that she learn how to knit (I've been trying to get her to do something crafty as a destressor!). I've suggested needlepoint, scrapbooking, jewelrymaking, etc. So in the car I told her she should learn how to knit..she can be the one that knits bags and does felted stuff because it's an avenue I have yet to venture out in and she seemed to like that idea. I told her I'd teach her and she kind of lit up and said, "Oh yeah??" ;) So this weekend, while we're home for Easter, I'm going to teach her how to knit. :) Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I noticed a possible interest in knitting from her when I saw her watching me as I worked on my so-called scarf. She was looking at the stitching and watching me knit. She hadn't ever done that before! I can't wait. :) Oooh, the excitement continues. :) I received my partner for the Get Stitchy Stitch Marker Exchange today. :) Here's a link to her blog. I absolutely love that hoodie she made for ms. mandy pie! :) I also just stumbled upon yet another person wanting to revive the lost art of letter-writing. I don't know when the last day is to sign up so sign up quickly if you're interested! :)

8 comments:

  1. Yay! How exciting that your sis wants to learn to knit. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that's exciting news about your sister learning to knit! felted items should be pretty good for beginners, too. lots of the mistakes go away in the wash! : )

    have fun with your few days off! it goes by way too quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your sister learning! Have fun with your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for teaching knitting!

    I hadn't checked back here in a while, and now I see all of your cool projects! Your scarf is coming along nicely...I'll have to post pictures of mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found you through Felicia's blog. I have been wanting to make "my so-called scarf" too. What did you end up making it out of? Feel free to email me if you want. I wouldn't mind another pen pal either...check out my blog to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for teaching your sister to knit! I hope she picks it up easily. I love the cables on Persephone, and the yarn you chose for Wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to have so much fun teaching your sister to knit!!

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just loving all your scarfs. Don't you just love so-called? Good luck teaching your sister to knit. We already know your a great teacher!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!